Daryl Andrews
Canada
Waterloo
ON
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone,

It is my pleasure to announce that myself and a few helpful volunteers will be running the fourth Great Canadian Board Game Blitz Finals Championship and fifth blitz at FanExpo, on Saturday August 24th (starting time 11am). The winners will receive prizes and the 1st place player will be crowned The Great Canadian Champion of 2011-2012.

AMAZING PRICES WILL BE PROVIDED BY OUR SPONSORS:
Fun Games Cafe
Snakes & Lattes

The tournament format details are available from our web site (see link above). In short, the GCBGB is a multi-round non-elimination tournament featuring Euro-style board games. Even if you don't know the rules, that's OK: we'll teach the game to you. In fact, many of our players participate simply to learn new games and meet new people.

To participate, all you need to do is have a valid FanExpo pass for Saturday and show up in the gaming room (we'll be in room 718). When you get there, look for a tower of board games (see image at the end of this post).

There is no additional entry fee to participate in this event. We will have limited spots available. Since this is the finals, champions from blitzes we have run from all over Canada will be coming to play for their chance to win at the finals. But, very importantly, this event is open to everyone! If you would like to ensure that you will have a spot, then please send us an EMAIL (info@gcbgb.ca) and we'll gladly hold it for you.

This fourth season (Sep 2012 - Aug 2013), 15 different volunteers and coordinators will have run 11 blitzes across Canada, from Victoria, BC all the way to Moncton, and everywhere between. Our attendance has hit an average of more than 20 participants per event including a mind-blowing 40 participants at Game Summit Ottawa in February.

So.... with that, I say... "Game On" and hope to see you at FanExpo!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Saulnier
Canada
Saint Joseph de Kent
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has the list of games been announced? I'm still rebuilding my collection and need suggestions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls