Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jake B.
United States
St. Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had heard that Formula De was going to be rereleased by Eurogames/Descartes. Does anyone know if this is true and , if so, when will it be rereleased?

I've heard also that it's one of the best racing BG's. Now that I have been hunting for it for a few months I hope I wont be disappointed when I do find it.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Takagi
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know, Formula Dé is still in print. My copy was released by Eurogames. Are you saying that there will be an updated version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake B.
United States
St. Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game store I go to here in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area said it was no longer in print :/ and that they were supposed to rerelease it sometime after Christmas...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
jtakagi wrote:
As far as I know, Formula Dé is still in print. My copy was released by Eurogames. Are you saying that there will be an updated version?

It's been out of print since sometime last year. It's supposed to be reprinted this year. The various boards are also getting scarce.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff King
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
And it is a very good racing game (IMO).

Not that I've played very many.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Olson
United States
Auburn
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Which store told you that? I still see copies around, although I haven't really been looking lately. I'll keep an eye out this weekend and see if I see any copies up here.

And yes, it is a great game, and well worth it for racing fans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad I got my copy last year...

It is definitly a fun game... it is one of the more requested games we own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A.
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really considering purchasing this game for my family. Right now I'm debating between Formula De, Battlestations, and Dungeon Twister. Three entirely DIFFERENT types of games but three which I want none the less and can only purchase one.

Does anybody know if the upcoming re-release will have any "improvements" over previous releases or if the game will simply remain the same? There are a few online retailers that still have this game in stock but I'm concerned about buying an older copy while a newer release might have improvements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Walters
United States
Mason City
Iowa
flag msg tools
Eurogames/Decartes has sold rights to Asmodee for Formula De. Last year Asmodee was supposed to release a new expansion track for the game. But that was delayed and apparently a small printing. Those who still can get the game and the tracks are just lucky.

My local game shop has been trying re-stock its Formula De tracks for over a year. Their distubitor continues to promise them the moon but the tracks only trickle in.

What Asmodee is doing/going to do with Formula De is still a large mystery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A.
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess that I'll just order the game from an e-tailer that has it in stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Brissaud
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Formula De is indeed out of print.

We are working on a reprint but I can't tell you much more for now. This is definitely one of our number one game to reprint in the Descartes catalog.

For your information, EuroGames - Descartes is distributed by ASMODEE starting this week.

I'm catching-up with the few games I don't know in the line and we will try to provide a Customer Service as good as the one we provide for the ASMODEE games.

Stephan @ ASMODEE

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Russo
Monaco
Monte-Carlo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Formule Dé and all other Descartes/Eurogames games have been bought by Asmodee.
You can see on this page (http://www.asmodee.com/jeux-de-societe/junior/produits/formu...) that Formule Dé is also out of stock on the Asmodee web site but some tracks are still available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake B.
United States
St. Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yollege wrote:
Which store told you that? I still see copies around, although I haven't really been looking lately. I'll keep an eye out this weekend and see if I see any copies up here.

And yes, it is a great game, and well worth it for racing fans.

A little late on my part, sorry. The Source on Larpenter Ave. in St. Paul.

Thanks for all the great information!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.