GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,547 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Samurai» Forums » General

Subject: Reprint? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Fox
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mb
Does anyone know if this is going to be reprinted? The lowest price I can find on the internet would be around $50 with shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Straight

Covington
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
There are a multiplicity of new and used copies for well under that here and on eBay. I'd guess a reprint is rather unlikely given how little nonDominion activity RGG has had lately, or (if this is one of HiG titles transferred to ZMan) how slow ZMan has been in pursuing reprints much more clamored after.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Love 'em even if a few games get scuttled from time to time.
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Also purely idle speculation on my part, but I agree that this seems unlikely to get a reprint. It's a comparatively older HIG game and while it's from a famous designer, it has a lot of copies in the market already.

Z-Man mostly seems to be concentrating on newer releases (with exceptions for evergreens like Carcassonne).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Birkbeck
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rio Grande has apparently removed Samurai from their website recently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Fox
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mb
NateStraight wrote:
There are a multiplicity of new and used copies for well under that here and on eBay. I'd guess a reprint is rather unlikely given how little nonDominion activity RGG has had lately, or (if this is one of HiG titles transferred to ZMan) how slow ZMan has been in pursuing reprints much more clamored after.

Shipping to Canada is really darn expensive when it's not from a store. I'll probably just ship it to a post office across the border. Thanks for everyone's input! I won't wait for a miracle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe some copies of the currently available Finnish edition can be found in Canada as well...? http://www.lautapelit.fi/product.asp?sua=1&lang=1&s=783

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I was smart getting this in April while Amazon had a few copies left at a regular price, and I knew there was going to be a transition period with the game going over to Z-Man. I grabbed a copy of El Grande at a LFGS as well knowing it would be some time before it came back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ts ts
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can always try Android adaptation https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.hexmind.sho....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Which changes quite a few rules for the worse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Pesti
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lacxox wrote:
Maybe some copies of the currently available Finnish edition can be found in Canada as well...? http://www.lautapelit.fi/product.asp?sua=1&lang=1&s=783

And currently for sale 21.90€
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dániel Nagy
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I asked Hans im Glück about a reprint, and that was their answer:

"we are sorry, but Samurai is since many years out of program, and the rights of the game are back at the author Reiner Knizia. So we can’t say, whether a reprint is planned in the next time. "

Now the game is 21,9Eur at http://www.lautapelit.fi/ till this Friday! Yay!

I made an order, because maybe these are the last copies of the game.
I share this with you, so you won't miss the train!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
mb
Hoping somebody comes out with a reprint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.