Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you take anyone's card with this, or only a card from the person who is entering Tokyo? The card says when to use it (when yielding), what happens to the "recipient" of the Unstable DNA (he gets it and loses a card), but says nothing about how to choose the recipient, right?

Lee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luc iX
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hudarklord wrote:
Can you take anyone's card with this, or only a card from the person who is entering Tokyo? The card says when to use it (when yielding), what happens to the "recipient" of the Unstable DNA (he gets it and loses a card), but says nothing about how to choose the recipient, right?

Lee

So the card specifically reads:
"If you yield Tokyo you can take any card the recipient has and give him this card."

I would assume the recipient would be the one receiving Tokyo thus being the one who attacked the person in Tokyo causing him to yield in the first place.
The person who is now in Tokyo would have the "Unstable DNA" card in his play area, and the one who yielded Tokyo would have a card that the attacker originally had.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is Unstable DNA a promo card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Collier
United States
Plattsburgh
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Is Unstable DNA a promo card?

yup, thankfully the promo cards have come down in price

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
AzureiX wrote:
I would assume the recipient would be the one receiving Tokyo

It's ambiguous (and a possible translation issue), but I would lean more to your interpretation. Not due to the text, but due to limiting the power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Brissaud
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hudarklord wrote:

Lee

No, only from the attacker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the dare978devil
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
AzureiX wrote:
I would assume the recipient would be the one receiving Tokyo

It's ambiguous (and a possible translation issue), but I would lean more to your interpretation. Not due to the text, but due to limiting the power.

Hi,

The translation may be ambiguous but the original French is not.

"Je fuis puis je fais l'échange de carte, donc je récupère la nouvelle carte une fois à la maison et après avoir pris mes dégâts et que le nouveau King a pris sa place."

That means, "I leave Tokyo, and I exchange cards. Therefore, I get a new card in front of me after taking whatever damage is being dished out. The next King takes my place."

The way the card is meant to be used is if you yield Tokyo, you exchange the Unstable DNA card with any card you want taken from the player who is moving into Tokyo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.