GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,409 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Clash of Cultures» Forums » General

Subject: Fitting it back in the box rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally got this awesome game but after punching the tiles and tokens I'm having a hard time fitting it back in the box. Are most of you tossing the insert? I saw the custom foam core one someone made and may attempt to make it but I have no experience doing so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
It is possible and actually fits very nicely into the box. My camera is not the best, but I can try a picture or two in the morning (or maybe first Monday as Sunday is pretty booked).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I find that the game fits absolutely perfectly with the insert. I have the cards sleeved and all the land tiles in a cloth bag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
I find that the game fits absolutely perfectly with the insert. I have the cards sleeved and all the land tiles in a cloth bag.

How?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't find it particularly hard to fit everything in the box.

With that said, I did decide to get some small Planos eventually for ease of setup. I have to agree with the above poster that everything fit in the box with insert just fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Mowery
United States
Hermitage
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You should consider doing what Qeester did. See the following thread that I started (sorry I don't know how to quote/repost posts):

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/967005/need-help-with-storag...

I bought the same containers used by Qeester (I just bag the cards) and it is a perfect storage solution...set up is super quick...and it keeps the table free of clutter. More room for beer.

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Williams
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
BITS FOR THE BITS GOD!
badge
Staring in dumbfounded terror at Frans Raynor's neckbeard.
mbmbmbmbmb
I fit everything snugly with the included insert.

For each player color:
-Place all cubes in a small ziplock bag
-Place the 5 resource tokens, Mood Indicator and Culture Indicator into another small ziplock bag
-Place the 4 settlers and 7 settlements into yet another small ziplock bag
--Place all 3 small bags along with all other city pieces, armies and ships into a normal sized Ziplock bag.

Take all of the exploration tiles, and stack them square in the middle of the larger divided half. Then, tuck one filled player color ziplock bag into each of the newly created corners.

All of the cards can be placed in a stack, and that stack placed in the smaller narrow divided half. Fill in the remaining space in this divider with ziplock bags for Mood Tokens, Culture Tokens, Barbarians, etc as you see fit.

Place the player boards and rulebook on top of it all, and close the lid satisfyingly shut.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the inserts of games dont serve my standards for storage I tend to toss them and find own solutions (only exception to this is Earth Reborn).

Here is my solution for Clash of Cultures:

All in the box:

Rules and player boards removed:

Close-up of the player boxes:

The player boxes and the one for the common stuff are from "Pollin Electronic"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.