Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alberto Romero
Spain
Ajalvir
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had play this game when I was child and I think it is very dificult... Now I have play this game again and I like it, but there are some rules I think are not very 'real' and can be changed easilly and improve the game.... in may opinion... what are your opinion about?

1.) ARTILLERY INDIREC FIRE: I don't understand this rule... if I bomb one hex with one enemy unit, all factors hit them.... but if there are 4 unit the artillery hit 1/4 each unit.... then, when more unit better defend against IF. I think that it would be better use a table for artillery and that all unit sufer the same table. Terrain as city can be modify the roll or move the table up or down...

2.) TANKS IN CITY HEX: I allwais understand that tank in a city w/o infantry are more vulnerable... but here they have not. We can use rule that reduce the defence of tank w/o infantry in a city hex.

If You have some idea about I would like to read it...
Thanks in advance.
Bye!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Badger
England
London
Enfield
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: I was trololol'ed in 2010Microbadge: Iain Banks fanMicrobadge: Kraftwerk fanMicrobadge: Level 18 BGG poster
There's some discussion about variant artillery rules here.

As for tanks in towns... The infantry get to creep up through the city streets out of LOS until ready to CAT, and a stack of infantry counts as one unit when the tanks shoot back. Not exactly what you're getting at, but the infantry don't get these advantages when advancing through the open.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Henderson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the original artillery rules are really quite bad. AIW cleaned them up quite well but that requires a major change of systems. There are house rules available; quite a few posted on this site.

You have to remember that this game came out in the early 70s and it is very "armor-centric". At that time, everyone was enamored with the German blitzkrieg and this game tends to reflect that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know the game.
In fact I just learned about it.

But is seems to me that it is still very popular with people who know it and I think this one would be worth while re-doing.

Brush up the rules that people are unhappy with, give people new to games a change to enjoy this aswell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Yarrow
Australia
Toowoomba
QLD
flag msg tools
mb
sagitar wrote:
I don't know the game.
In fact I just learned about it.

But is seems to me that it is still very popular with people who know it and I think this one would be worth while re-doing.

Brush up the rules that people are unhappy with, give people new to games a change to enjoy this aswell.
I agree with you on the revision of the rules. I have Panzer Blitz, Panzer Leader and AIW (rules are fine on AIW, however a bit of revision to tweek a few might not go astray). I would like to see the attack strength, range, defence strength and movement allowance values revised on Panzer Leader and Panzer Blitz as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Clarke
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arm69mad wrote:
I had play this game when I was child and I think it is very dificult... Now I have play this game again and I like it, but there are some rules I think are not very 'real' and can be changed easilly and improve the game.... in may opinion... what are your opinion about?

1.) ARTILLERY INDIREC FIRE: I don't understand this rule... if I bomb one hex with one enemy unit, all factors hit them.... but if there are 4 unit the artillery hit 1/4 each unit.... then, when more unit better defend against IF. I think that it would be better use a table for artillery and that all unit sufer the same table. Terrain as city can be modify the roll or move the table up or down...

2.) TANKS IN CITY HEX: I allwais understand that tank in a city w/o infantry are more vulnerable... but here they have not. We can use rule that reduce the defence of tank w/o infantry in a city hex.

If You have some idea about I would like to read it...
Thanks in advance.
Bye!
Google "The Advanced Panzer Blitz Rules Book", it fixes all this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Clarke
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Case Orange" is the best simple reworking I've seen:
http://www.uptheblue.com/panzerbitz.htm