United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
I drink and I know things
badge
Night gathers and now my watch begins
mbmbmbmbmb

The struggle continues through the steamy, hot summer of 1966. At the beginning of Summer 2 1966, the US has already killed approx 31 NLF battalion equivalents, but there are many more on the map.

US Morale: 495 US Commitment: 180
SVN Morale: 102 SVN Population: 250
SVN government is Stable.

The good guys led off with a ROK security mission (OPERATION STREETSWEEPERU)into the Mekong Delta to clear out some cheeky VC who had taken up residence in a provincial capital that was left undefended by a drunken local official. 3 ROK regiments with about 40 air points set off on their magical mystery tour, pounded 3 VC battalions for 5 VC Repl, and scattered the VC into the rice paddies. Content with their achievement, they drove back to their barracks and drank some soju.

There were then several S&D operations in the Mekong Delta and around Saigon. These succeeded in harassing and dispersing the VC. Eventually, the VC were driven from the delta completely. I'm sure they'll sneak back in before the turn is over. shake

One of these missions was OPERATION KIDBROTHER, a S&D operation run almost completely by the ARVN.

Overall, the fighting has been fast and furious. Free Fire zones abound along Vietnam's western border and there promises to be a lot of action in the jungles and highlands of II/III Corps in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Edited so the images actually show up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide