Subject: Initiative cards: manoeuver direction rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabriele Stecchi
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: ASL fanMicrobadge: ASLSK#2 fanMicrobadge: Parent of One GirlMicrobadge: Stalingrad: Verdun on the VolgaMicrobadge: Fields of despair fan
How the manoeuver direction limits the wear/tack choices for a ship? And when this limit is applied during the actual movement of a ship?

By example, I play a card with a maneuver to port with a -1 on it. What are my actual choices?

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Doane
United States
Walpole
MA
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Panzer fanMicrobadge: Great Campaigns of the American Civil War series fanMicrobadge: Lock 'n Load fanMicrobadge: Naval WargamerMicrobadge: Skiing fan
See p.20 in the living rules, paragaph f: Maneuver Option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gwynor wrote:

By example, I play a card with a maneuver to port with a -1 on it. What are my actual choices?
All of the normal choices for movement are there, however, if you want to do something other than turn to port during this turn, you'll need to roll a die to check that you'll be able to.

As long as your movement includes one wear or tack to the left during your turn (and before any other wear or tack attempts), then you don't have to do anything special.

If you plan on maneuvering in a straight line, you'll need to make one test to do so. That succeeds on a modified die roll of 3 or less, your roll being reduced by your audacity and the modifier on the card (-1 in this case).

If you'd like to turn to starboard, you'll need to make that same test twice, once to override from port to straight ahead, and a second time to turn to starboard. If both rolls succeed, you can (must, really) turn to starboard without having to first make a port wear or tack. If only the first one succeeds, you can (again, must) maneuver straight ahead without first turning to port, but cannot turn to starboard this turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls