GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,610 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Darren Belcher
Australia
New Norfollk
Tasmania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
When entering the secret passage and placing your figure on it, the rule book doesn't mention if that is visible to the other player or not? i.e. do the guards know when you are in the passage or is the card behind the screen and they don't know unless they find the entrance and can search it?

How do you keep track of which guard figures are patrols and which are sentries especially once a patrol moves off the red track?

What happens when you run out of cards?

Are played intruder cards visible to the guards? Should the guard player know who played every intruder card as a matter of course? Or is it up to them to ask? Or are they not supposed to know who played it?

An intruder has to search a room with a hidden sentry to 'reveal' the sentry correct? How else would the guard player know the intruder was in that room?

Apologies if these are in the rule book...I am well know in my house for reading them over and over and still missing things!

TIA.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
1. When entering the secret passage and placing your figure on it, the rule book doesn't mention if that is visible to the other player or not? i.e. do the guards know when you are in the passage or is the card behind the screen and they don't know unless they find the entrance and can search it?


You have to show this to the other player by placing your figure on it and open on the table. Only the maps are kept secret behind the screen. You need to say if they find a secret entrance but they need to search for it.

Quote:
2. How do you keep track of which guard figures are patrols and which are sentries especially once a patrol moves off the red track?


As soon as there is more then 1 guard together you have a patrol and you can use patrol cards on them. So when you have 2 guards together they form a patrol. You can split up a patrol by playing a sentry card and pull away one of the guards from the patrol. The red track is a bonus movement for the guards when they are on it. Only patrols that are on the track move during this stage.

Quote:
3. What happens when you run out of cards?


You have a problem and can't perform any of those actions anymore. They can still move and search but will be defensless. But this only happens to the intruder and ninja. The guard player(s) keeps shuffling his discard pile in his deck.
Quote:

4. Are played intruder cards visible to the guards? Should the guard player know who played every intruder card as a matter of course? Or is it up to them to ask? Or are they not supposed to know who played it?


Yes, all cards are always playing in the open and the effect is said. So everyone knows who played what card.

Quote:
5. An intruder has to search a room with a hidden sentry to 'reveal' the sentry correct? How else would the guard player know the intruder was in that room?


Yes that is the only way the hidden sentry becomes visible.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Belcher
Australia
New Norfollk
Tasmania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wow - thank you very much for the quick response!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Busch

Broomfield
Colorado
msg tools
Avatar
mb
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
You need to say if they find a secret entrance but they need to search for it.


To further clarify: The guard player doesn't have to spend a Search card to try to find the Hidden Passage. The entrance is revealed when a guard ends his move on the same zone as the hidden passage. Remember that guards can move several zones so if he walks right through the hidden passage zone but doesn't end his move there, the passage is not revealed.

Quote:
Quote:
3. What happens when you run out of cards?


You have a problem and can't perform any of those actions anymore. They can still move and search but will be defensless. But this only happens to the intruder and ninja. The guard player(s) keeps shuffling his discard pile in his deck.


Also, the Intruders can get new cards by dying and re-spawning (if killed before the 11th round). You will also have to redraw the objectives and might get a new one.

Even though the guard cards always shuffle back into the deck, the guard player can get into a situation where they play all their cards and the alarm level is at zero. This is a also a very bad position to be in as your only action each turn will be to do a free listen check and hope you can raise the alarm to get more cards.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Selander
United States
Ooltewah
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:

As soon as there is more then 1 guard together you have a patrol and you can use patrol cards on them. So when you have 2 guards together they form a patrol. You can split up a patrol by playing a sentry card and pull away one of the guards from the patrol.

Two guards in the same zone do not necessarily become a patrol. From Page 7: "It is possible for a patrol to end a turn in the same zone as a sentry. In this case, the sentry can join the patrol, or he can remain stationary. If he joins the patrol, he must adopt their current facing. If not, be careful to keep him separate (for example, by giving him a different facing)....If there are several sentries in a zone, the guard player can
form them into a patrol as he wishes."
Simply keep track of which guards are in a patrol by grouping them with the same facing.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.