Jeff
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
There's no simple explanation for anything important any of us do, and yeah the human tragedy consists of the necessity of living with the consequences, under pressure, under pressure. -Courage (For Hugh Maclennan): The Tragically Hip
badge
We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream. -Gift Shop: The Tragically Hip
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like this would be a perfect theme for a trading/negotiating and above all DRAFTING game! With variable player abilities the winner is the one who drafts the player who ends up being the rookie of the year. There designers, I just gave you a game. Now go make it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virre Linwendil Annergård
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be any betting game ever that is based on some predefined but variable stats.

Because thats the best simulation of that I can think off, have you tried sports videogames that involves drafting, to they work?...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Law
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
virre wrote:
That would be any betting game ever that is based on some predefined but variable stats.

Because thats the best simulation of that I can think off, have you tried sports videogames that involves drafting, to they work?...

The video game angle actually works really well. You can draft and then simulate seasons. It's a fun way to create a dynasty.

I do think this theme on a boardgame might be fun, but you would need a good system to simulate the season, or it would really feel just tacked on to a betting game like you describe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.