Richard Clyne
England
Hazlemere
Bucks
flag msg tools
Empire of the Midnight Beard
mbmbmbmbmb
Edit - link removed as out of date. See later message in thread for latest link

The 1890 game has a rules sheet in English in it describing the differences between that game and 1830. I'm in the process of copying it into word and will upload it here. At the moment I have been copying it exactly, after i have it all copied I will edit it to improve the grammar etc. There are a few pencilled comments on the rules sheet I am working off, they probably came from either Steve Thomas or Mike Monical.

1890 Rule Sheet
This points out the differences in the rule between 1830 and 1890

Content:
• 1 Playing Manual (Japanese)
• 2 sheets of colored A3 maps
• 1 stock chart
• 2 public corporation card sheets
• 1 minor corporation card sheet
• 3 card sheets (trains and certificates)
• 2 tiles and tokens sheets
• 1 questionnaire sheet
• money total of Y12000
Corporations
Private Corporations
All private corporations are to be sold by auctions in the initial stock round.
Major corporation can purchase private corporations between half and double the par price during phase 2 and 3.
Private corporation (except Nikoku) claims property on the map. All players cannot lay tiles on their properties until they are bought by majors or closed
Name Price Revenue Property on the Map Note
A Arima R.R. 20 5 Arima (D-7) #1
B Kobe Trams 40 10 Kobe (F-5) #2
C Hankai E.R.R. 70 15(5) Osaka South (I-12)
Sakai (J-11) #3
D Nikoku E.R.R. 110 20 None
E Keishin R.R. 160 25 Kyoto (B-17, B-19) #4
F Osaka Trams 220 40 Osaka North (G-12)
Osaka East (H-13)
Osaka West (H-11) #5
Notes
1. A Major corporation owns Arima can place additional tile at Arima (D-7) during it’s tile laying step regardless of the connection to other rails
2. It never close in the game. From Phase 4, revenue will go down to 5 yen and cannot be sold to a major corporation
3. It comes with Hanshin 1 share
4. It comes with Keihan 1 share
5. It comes with Osaka Subway president 2 share. It cannot be sold to a major corporation. From Osaka Subway’s first operating round and on, it is allowed to place tiles in the three Osaka hexs (G-12, H-13, H-11). It closes when Osaka subway buys it’s first train. ?????

Minor Corporations
They are sold by auction in the initial stock round
They have fixed initial capitals
They place their numbered tokens (#1 to #5) in their first turn
(Nara E.R.R. has two tokens and both are place in its first turn)
They can lay tiles. They must have trains if it has routes.
They always pay out half to the president and half to the corporation’s treasury

General notes about merging and forming Kinki:
• Four minor corporations are to be merged to form Kinki major corporation
• Osaka E.R.W. always declare the foundation and other three merge to Kinki
• Declaring flotation and merging can be done anytime during operating round between turns of two corporations
Name Abbr. Price Cap Base(s) Note
G (1) Kanan R.R. Kanan 100 100 Kashihara (J-15) #6
H (2) Osaka E.R.W. Daiki 200 200 Osaka East (H-13) #7
I (3) Osaka R.R. Daitetsu 100 100 Osaka East (H-13) #8
J (4) Nara E.R.R. Naraden 160 320 Nara (H-19)
Kyoto (B-17) #9
K (5) Kobe E.R.R. Shintetsu 100 200 Tanigami (D-5) #10

Notes
6. Kanan may be merged to Kinki after the phase 2 (flotation of Kinki), and must be merged at the beginning of phase 3 (the first 4-train purchase). Upon merging, president of Kanan moves half (round up) of the money and all trains from Kanan to Kinki, receives 10% Kinki share and other half (round down) of corporation money and replaces #1 token by Kinki token. This action closes Kanan.
7. When Osaka E.R.W. is purchased in the first stock round, the buying player must decide the par price for Kinki. The president of Osaka E.R.W. can declare the flotation of Kinki. Kinki may be floated after phase 2-1st half (the first 3-train purchase) and must be floated at the beginning of phase 2-2nd half (the first 3-3-train purchase). Upon declaration, the president of Osaka E.R.W. moves all money and trains from Osaka E.R.W. to Kinki, receives the 20% Kinki president share and replaces #2 token by Kinki token. This action closes Osaka E.R.W.
8. Osaka R.R. must be merged to Kinki when Kinki is floated by the president of Osaka E.R.W. Upon merging the president of Osaka R.R. moves all money and train from Osaka R.R. to Kinki, receives 10% Kinki share and removes #3 token from the map board. (It has already been replaced by Osaka E.R.W.) This action closes Osaka R.R.
9. Nara E.R.R. may be merged to Kinki after the phase 4 (the first 5-train purchase), and must be merged at the beginning of phase 5 (the first 6-train purchase). Upon merging, president of Nara E.R.R. moves all money and trains from Nara E.R.R. to Kinki, receives two 10% Kinki shares and replaces two #4 tokens by Kinki tokens. This action closes Nara E.R.R.
10. Kobe E.R.R. can transformed into later corporation anytime during its operating round. Upon transforming token #5 is removed and all treasury money and trains goes back to the bank. The certificate of latter corporation of Kobe E.R.R. is NOT counted to the certificate limit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abn Rgr1978
United States
Portland Area
Oregon
flag msg tools
Thank you Richard and thank Steve.

The notes are all Steve's.

It will be good to play this again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelos Luthasun
Greece
Athens
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Richard.
i try to download the pdf but the link is broken. :\

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
Sooke
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
Microbadge: FreedomMicrobadge: Remembrance day - lest we forget...Microbadge: Don't Tread On MeMicrobadge: Freedom
Thanks for sharing this! Link not working for me, either though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Clyne
England
Hazlemere
Bucks
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/138421/1890%20Rule%20She... is my word document for the rules and https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/138421/1890%20rules%20no... is the rules notes that came with the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nasipak
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There seems to be a problem with this pdf file; only the first two pages are readable. I get a corrupt file warning on the others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Clyne
England
Hazlemere
Bucks
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm away on holiday at the moment. I'll check when I get hone in September

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pastuzyn
United States
Midland
Michigan
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Black & white film fanMicrobadge: Glass Road fanMicrobadge: I've visited all 48 contiguous US statesMicrobadge: Power Grid World Tour: I've Played All The MapsMicrobadge: Age of steam fan
smok wrote:
File still seems to be corrupted -- any progress getting pages 3 and 4?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chakroun Karim
France
Besancon
Franche-Comté
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Deep Silver wrote:
smok wrote:
File still seems to be corrupted -- any progress getting pages 3 and 4?
I've made a substantial translation from Japanese of the original rulebook, that is available here as an editable wiki : http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1311500/1890-rules-wiki
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls