Mike Hutton
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: 18xx fanMicrobadge: Cosmic Encounter fanMicrobadge: Civilization fanMicrobadge: Amateur MusicianMicrobadge: Viticulture fan
The kickstarter project for 1862 (aka 18EA) has been approved and is up and running! Please see here:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1992425277/1862-railway-...

Please note that the project has much lower targets and running time than last time - there's only 15 days to go with this one. As a result, if you're interested in this please make sure you back the project sooner rather than later, and encourage those you know who might be interested to do the same.

If anyone needs further information about the game please see the geek page here, or email me and I'll provide more details.

Many thanks for your interest and support,

Mike.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Ideström
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 18xx fanMicrobadge: Copper Image UploaderMicrobadge: Race for the Galaxy fanMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: Owner of Too Many Games
Could you please updated your shipping costs with a more detailed country list.
I seriously doubt that the shipping "UK to Ireland" costs as much as "UK to New Zealand", but according to your current list would both cost £15.
And why is now the free shipping for Europe gone?
At the previous campaign you were still offering "Free delivery for those living in Europe" if pledging 1 copy of 1862.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rom tos
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Star Fleet Battles fanMicrobadge: Splotter fanMicrobadge: 18xx fanMicrobadge: Federation & Empire fanMicrobadge: Next War series fan
I'm curious what the 5 pound plastic box entails.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
Microbadge: I aspire to Curmudgeon Level EricMicrobadge: I love Canada!Microbadge: In MemoriamMicrobadge: I love Mexico!Microbadge: I support the Women and Gaming community
Romtos wrote:
100 shillings?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I assume not 5 pounds of plastic.

Is it a box only for the tokens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hutton
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: 18xx fanMicrobadge: Cosmic Encounter fanMicrobadge: Civilization fanMicrobadge: Amateur MusicianMicrobadge: Viticulture fan
Romtos wrote:
There's a lot of tokens in the game - 10 each for 20 companies. The box allows you to keep them tidily in one place. I've found a box like this invaluable over the years and thought other people might find it a useful option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hutton
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Johan1977 wrote:
Could you please updated your shipping costs with a more detailed country list.
I seriously doubt that the shipping "UK to Ireland" costs as much as "UK to New Zealand", but according to your current list would both cost £15.
And why is now the free shipping for Europe gone?
At the previous campaign you were still offering "Free delivery for those living in Europe" if pledging 1 copy of 1862.
The original project absorbed some of the variation in shipping cost in the price we asked for. I believe that now the unit price has been significantly reduced this allows us more flexibility for larger orders, but less for smaller ones. Part of the recommendations we were given was to keep shipping simple for clarity's sake, and that's probably why Mike Roberts has gone down that path, rather than giving an exhaustive shipping price list.

It's also sadly true that shipping to some countries in Europe is vastly more expensive that it needs to be - Germany in particular - but that's the problem with starting in the UK. Hence the reason why shipping on bulk orders is significantly discounted. It's a problem which has worsened over the last few years.

Mike Roberts is the one setting the prices and shipping. If you need more information, can I suggest you contact him for clarification via the Kickstarter page?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike, thanks for being tenacious with this. Good luck with the latest Kickstarter campaign!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler McLaughlin
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
Talk
badge
Words
Microbadge: Food Chain Magnate fanMicrobadge: Roads & Boats fanMicrobadge: ASL fanMicrobadge: Magic Realm fanMicrobadge: Deep Thought Games fan
Funded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Altiplano fanMicrobadge: The Estates fanMicrobadge: Alchemists fanMicrobadge: Food Chain Magnate fanMicrobadge: Brass: Birmingham fan
e.e.goings wrote:
Funded.
Yep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fire Lord
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: 1860 fanMicrobadge: Unitarian UniversalistMicrobadge: The Haunted Game Cafe fanMicrobadge: I'm a maker!Microbadge: I print my own components.
Congratulations!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls