Popular Tags: [View All]
Nigel Douglas
Australia
Wynn Vale
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys
Just finished playing a regional tournament in Adelaide. Great fun and lots of lessons for me to learn about how to fly a swarm.
If both players are still slogging away at each other when time is up.
Do the players finish the round that they started. Or is it down tools immediately, regardless of where your up to or if you are about to take the winning shot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
A trial needs witnesses and evidence not a coverup.
Microbadge: Tactical Space Combat Games fanMicrobadge: Star Trek fanMicrobadge: Proud GrandparentMicrobadge: Star Trek: Ascendancy fanMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars Fan
Once time is called you finish the current round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Douglas
Australia
Wynn Vale
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick answer.
Unfortunately the TO stated that there was nothing in the tournament info he had therefore when time was up we had to stop immediately, mid turn.
Are you able to provide me with a link or reference that I can refer him to. So I can change his mind for future tournaments.
Thanks again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
A trial needs witnesses and evidence not a coverup.
Microbadge: Tactical Space Combat Games fanMicrobadge: Star Trek fanMicrobadge: Proud GrandparentMicrobadge: Star Trek: Ascendancy fanMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars Fan
The tournament rules list how a match can end. Note the section I bolded.

Quote:
End of Match
Each tournament match ends in one of the following three ways:
• All of one player’s ships are destroyed (respecting the Simultaneous Attack Rule, p 16). The player
with at least one ship remaining immediately earns a Match Win, and his opponent receives a
Match Loss. If neither player has any remaining ships, the game ends in a Draw.
At the end of the current round, the match time limit has been reached. Each player calculates
the total squad point value of his opponent’s destroyed ships, including Upgrade cards equipped
to those ships. The player who destroyed the greatest total squad point value receives a Modified
Match Win, and his opponent receives a Match Loss. If the winning player destroys at least 33
points more than his opponent, he receives a Match Win instead. If both players destroyed the
same total squad point value, the game ends in a Draw.
• A player voluntarily concedes defeat at any point during the match. By conceding defeat, he receives
a Match Loss and his opponent receives a Match Win. It is considered good sportsmanship to
concede defeat when there is no reasonable chance for victory.
The tournament rules can be downloaded here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Douglas
Australia
Wynn Vale
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again. Will forward on to TO. This will calm a few competitors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls