Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a way to not use a dry erase and still work like it is supposed to? I was thinking of using 2 dice per card to place on the cards instead of the markings. any ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me know if you find a solution.

I think that dice will be fiddly (althogh I have lots and lots of mini dice from my Pirates of the Spanish main days).

Dry erase isn't great because they don't seem to properly erase. Crayon is messy.

I have a thought:

Perhaps you could stick some removable sticky tape over the tiles and use the dry erase. Just peel off the tape after each game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wet erase markers....and they don't leave discoloring film on the pieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
victor keen
United Kingdom
westbury
wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Draw up a matrix of shipping lines against oceans and keep a record of the cruise scores on that. Easier if every player has a copy to avoid constantly asking about scores.
Use the main board for placing the tokens in their scoring order only. Involves paperwork but this is the price to avoid ruining tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stick transparent tape on the tiles and use wet erasable markers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Use a slightly moistened wipe, and the dry erase marker is removed easier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lukac-Kuruc
Belgium
Meise / Wolvertem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The crayon/dry erase problem SOLVED!
Good news!
After some test, I can recommend using some specific dry marker.
We used the black colored type from the brand "Conté - Velleda". The type used for boards covered with a white plastic foil.
These markers are quite easy to find in Europe; unfortunately, I have no idea about their availability elesewhere.
As a test, we wrote on a tile and deliberately left it untouched for more than four hours. The writing can be wiped off completely and leaves a perfectly neat surface; not the faintest trace remains.
meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You know, we've never had a problem using the included crayon. It's always been easy to read, doesn't smudge while we play, wipes off easily, and hasn't stained our tiles after a couple of years worth of play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
a.k.a. The Shire
badge
Waggle, waggle
mbmbmbmbmb
seppo21 wrote:
You know, we've never had a problem using the included crayon. It's always been easy to read, doesn't smudge while we play, wipes off easily, and hasn't stained our tiles after a couple of years worth of play.

Even so, there's something sacrilegious about defacing game components, it's very offputting. I'd like the try this game but I just DON'T want to write on the components
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.