Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Have faith
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The games pages layout was changed today.

To see Reviews, go to the Forum section and click Reviews in the heading.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angus the Bull
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's under forums on the game page. The game pages now work similar to the front page but the reviews, sessions, general articles, rules questions, etc. all appear to be lumped in together.

Maybe the customize link will allow you to break it out separately...

Edit: I checked, sorry you can't break it out separate but I made the suggestion in the thread on the page changes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: What's with this new "vertical" display of game ratings?
You can add a Forums module multiple times and have one with just reviews, one for sessions, etc. Whatever you like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ekted wrote:
You can add a Forums module multiple times and have one with just reviews, one for sessions, etc. Whatever you like.

That's a great idea! I hadn't thought of that but I'll certainly be changing my game layout to do this right now. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Have faith
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ekted wrote:
How do I do this? The only options I see for Forums are Hot, Recent, and Active. How do I specify that a Forum should contain only Reviews?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Houserule Jay
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I just tried to set-up four different forum spots on the game page, one for reviews, one for sessions, rules and variants. After setting it up, none of the settings are saved. When you come back to the game page the forum spot defaults back to general and hot or whatever you have it set at but it won't default to reviews or anything else. Hopefully Aldie is working on it, otherwise I can live with it, love the customise effect again but also miss the old format again soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Have faith
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of people have complained about this. I bet Aldie will do something to improve it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Houserule Jay
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure how hard it will be to implement but the solution is simple enough, instead of having only forums as a choice just make them all available individually as a choice like the front page (which is great).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Teleha
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would donate money to get the old site back - the new designs keep getting worse and worse - this site is getting more and more time consuming to load, errors every other click, and I cannot find any information very easily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Donohue
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
Kneel puny Doomtrooper before the might of the Ezoghoul!
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the new site, but I wish he'd give us some warning on upcoming changes instead of popping them on us.

Then again, it's always easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patha
United States
Bay area
California
flag msg tools
mb
Why oh why BGG admin??!! Why change the layout??!
Why mess with greatness??!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malachi Brown
United States
Hermitage
TN
flag msg tools
It's turtles all the way down.
badge
“Questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself.”
mbmbmbmbmb
The layout changes are the reason I have not given money this year. I like the new layout much less than the old one, and I do not want to reward these changes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If we're tallking about the page for each game, the forums section has a tab for each subforum, reviews, general, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Malachi wrote:
The layout changes are the reason I have not given money this year. I like the new layout much less than the old one, and I do not want to reward these changes.

You aren't the only one... ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Meyers
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This site seems so slooowww now, I guess because of all the ads. It is becoming a very unfriendly site now. Just takes so much waiting between mouse clicks, where once it was more or less instantaneous. I am really disappointed about all the changes. It is now a chore to surf thru BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.