SH W
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules
1. There are 5 evil players and 19 good players. They are randomly distributed among all the trading houses.
2. Every day, 1 player will be lynched at 7pm BGG time. Longest held vote breaks tie. Players who missed voting will be frowned upon.
3. Besides voting and talking, players also have 3 optional actions during the day (which ends at 9pm for more time for farming). There is no limit on these three actions.
4. One, they can plant any unplanted beans from their hands onto their bean fields. (hand sequence don't matter)
5. Two, they can trade their unplanted beans with other members of their trading house. Any beans that are traded MUST be planted immediately.
6. Three, they can harvest their bean fields for gold. Fields with only 1 planted bean cannot be harvested unless all you have are single-bean fields.
7. Every night, 1 (first is free) or more players may be killed by the evil players. Every player can also exchange their gold for special abilities or actions, which can be used immediately. (You can send in your orders early, but night actions will only be resolved after 9pm)
8. Unplanted beans from killed victims will be distributed among all the surviving evil.
9. Every player is given a different set of special abilities and actions to choose from.
10. The game ends when the evil players achieve parity or when all the evil players are dead.
11. Every player starts with 4 beans, and receives 4 (default) or more new beans everyday.

http://thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/bean/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SH W
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: WW:Bohnanza Long Day 1 Lynch 7pm 20 Feb
Rules for Farming
1. Beans can be planted from the unplanted beans in your hand (there is no hand sequence) or from the trading with other players.
2. Every player starts with 2 bean fields. Only 1 type of beans can be planted in a bean field at any one time.
3. When you plant beans, please put them in bold as well as the current tally in your bean fields. Please label the source (“mine” if from your hand or “XXX” of the name who traded the beans to you.)
4. E.g. Plant 2 coffee beans (Agnespoodle) to Field 2. Tally: Green bean 2, Coffee bean 4 OR Plant 1 green bean (Mine) to Field 1. Tally: Green bean 3, Coffee bean 2
5. All trading can only be finalised by mutual consent. You can trade beans for purely goodwill.
6. You can harvest your beans anytime in the day. State in bold as well.
7. E.g. Harvest Field 2 for 1 gold. Tally: Green bean 2, Empty
NEW RULES
8. Trading for goodwill is only limited to Day 1.
9. Of all the new beans you get every night, one must be planted in your own field the next day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SH W
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List
House Gassy

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/99959
1. Melissa
2. GuyHill
3. Kuchick
4. Lauramath
5. 7ofAnn
6. Janiera

House Windbreak
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/99960
7. Shug
8. Rasattack
9. Xandryyte
10. Oilslider
11. Belash
12. Grinningpik

House Ripping
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/99961
13. Jmilum
14. Arkibet
15. SyBotCB
16. Javal
17. MDP4828
18. Acekim

House Flatulele
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/99963
19. Royalflush
20. Slyde
21. Jaredh
22. Geniesse
23. Dalestephenson
24. Munchwolf

House Enterprising
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/100496
1. Royalflush
2. Rasattack
3. Oilslider
4. Shug
5. Jmilum
6. Acekim
7. Slyde
8. Jaredh
9. Geniesse
10. Munchwolf
11. Janiera
12. Xandryyte
13. GuyHill
14. Belash
15. Arkibet
16. 7ofAnn
17. Lauramath

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SH W
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1 gold abilities (these abilities are available to all)
1. 1 extra bean everyday
2. Join House Enterprising (1 additional house to trade with) PLUS a 2 bean penalty now for late-comers
3. 2 extra ability choice (You can name the price range but you cannot choose a specific ability) (This thing just got cheaper)
4. Buy an antidote

2 gold abilities (1 default ability for each player)
1. Cause another player to minus a bean everyday
2. Check the hand size of another player (after replenishment)
3. Check the gold of a player
4. Pass all your cards to another player
5. Destroy half the cards of a player (after replenishment)
6. Destroy half the planted beans of a player (rounded down)
7. 1 Field is protected from harm (until the end of the game)
8. Cards on hand is protected from harm (until the end of the game)

3 gold ability (this ability available to all)
1. Buy another bean field

4 gold abilities (1 default ability for each player)
1. Declare to another player that you are safe (through the moderator)
2. Destroy the least valuable bean field of a player (victim will have one field less)
3. Steal half the cards of a player (after replenishment)
4. See the hand of another player (after replenishment)
5. 1 time doubling of hand size (after replenishment)
6. Buy a witnessing spell (2 spells to activate witnessing activity, whoever is witnessed is notified)
7. See night actions of a player (excluding the free evil kill)
8. Cast a Tinker spell on a player (the victim knows he/she is infected, but not who infected him/her)

5 gold abilities (1 default ability for each player)
1. Gain a one-time seer view on another player
2. Destroy the most valuable bean field of a player (victim will have one field less)
3. Poison a player. Player dies if no antidote is given the next day. (i.e. if there is no antidote already bought, it will be too late)
4. Steal all the cards of a player (after replenishment)
5. Buy a portal pass (2 portal passes to exit the game victorious immediately)
6. Buy a Mason ability (Masons are mutually known safes who can PM one another)
7. Vote equals 1.5 vote (public)
8. Cast a Tinker spell on a player (the victim doesn’t know)

6 gold abilities (1 default ability for each player)
1. Kill a player at night (this is an extra kill)
2. One time protection from the lynch (second highest voter is lynched instead, this ability remains until it is used.)
3. Buy a Hunter ability (wins the game if he/she is final 2 with the wolf)
4. Buy ability to talk to the dead. (until end of the game)
5. Vote equals 2 votes (public)
6. Resurrect a dead player for 1 day (for solely commenting and voting purposes, and does not influence parity)
7. Destroy all the gold of a player (first action of the night)
8. Ability to PM everybody for the entire game.

7 gold abilities (1 default ability for each player)
1. Change the alignment of another player (an open declaration of an additional evil but not who or from which house) EDIT: the declaration time is indetermined.
2. One time self-protection from a kill at night (no free kills for the evil that night)
3. Buy a Hunter ability (kills somebody if lynched/killed, no protection from this)
4. Buy a Bodyguard ability with 1 time effectiveness (cannot use on self, and choice of protection cannot be consequtive)
5. Vote equals 2 votes (secret)
6. Openly notified by moderator that you are safe
7. Resurrect a dead player for 3 days. (for solely commenting and voting purposes, and does not influence parity)
8. Destroy all bean fields of a player (Player will have no fields left)

Night Actions Resolution Order

1. Purchases of abilities and handling of bonuses.
2. Resolution of special abilities (note that this can be abilities that were just bought, like protection and seer views)
3. Evil kill
4. Replenishments of cards
5. Further resolution of special abilities that involves the replenishments of cards. (like stealing and destroying cards)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SH W
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bean harvesting value chart
Bean Name (In decreasing rarity in the deck)
Cocoa Bean

1 (0 gold)
2 (2 gold)
3 (3 gold)
4+(4 gold)
Garden Bean
1 (0 gold)
2 (2 gold)
3+(3 gold)
Red Bean
1 (0 gold)
2 (1 gold)
3 (2 gold)
4 (3 gold)
5+(4 gold)
Black Eye Bean
1 (0 gold)
2-3(1 gold)
4 (2 gold)
5 (3 gold)
6+(4 gold)
Soy Bean
1 (0 gold)
2-3 (1 gold)
4-5 (2 gold)
6 (3 gold)
7+(4 gold)
Green Bean
1-2 (0 gold)
3-4 (1 gold)
5 (2 gold)
6 (3 gold)
7+(4 gold)
Stink Bean
1-2 (0 gold)
3-4 (1 gold)
5-6 (2 gold)
7 (3 gold)
8+ (4 gold)
Chili Bean
1-2 (0 gold)
3-5 (1 gold)
6-7 (2 gold)
8 (3 gold)
9+(4 gold)
Blue Bean
1-3 (0 gold)
4-5 (1 gold)
6-7 (2 gold)
8-9 (3 gold)
10+ (4 gold)
Wax Bean
1-3 (0 gold)
4-6 (1 gold)
7-8 (2 gold)
9-10 (3 gold)
11+ (4 gold)
Coffee Bean
1-3 (0 gold)
4-6 (1 gold)
7-9 (2 gold)
10-11 (3 gold)
12+ (4 gold)

E.g. If I harvest 5 Soy beans, I get 2 gold. If I harvest only 1 Soy bean, 1 get nothing. (Note: you cannot harvest single bean fields, unless all you have are single bean fields.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
Pffffft to all the Gassy Girls (and Guy - LOL!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SH W
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Once upon a time, in a land not far away, there was a little village of bean farmers. Some of them lived in Gassy House, some in Windbreak House. Yet others lived in Ripping House and the rest in Flatulele House. They planted beans every day - red beans, green beans, chili beans too; blue beans, stink beans and don't forget those cute little black eyed beans. They harvested their beans in exchange for gold, and the farmers earned enough gold to keep their village wealthy and prosperous.

All the farmers got along well with each other. They loved their beans and they loved each other. They often sat together under the great big tree to watch the sun set and to drink coffee.

Nothing could spoil their happiness. And they lived happily ever after...

Wait! Who's that lying under the apple tree? The one covered by a pile of wax beans? The farmers approached warily. It's Latria! Oh my! He's the nicest, smartest, friendliest farmer in the village, and now he's... sob... Hey look! There's something in the soil. It says "there are 5".

The farmers were shocked! Their happy little village is no longer happy. Latria was killed by 5 evils. Who could they be? Let the accusations begin...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SH W
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Day 1 begins
Please post all plantings and harvestings and votes in bold.
Lynch is at 7pm Monday 20th Feb BGG time.
This day is especially long to let everybody think up a PERSONAL strategy and to get use to the beans haggling and planting.
Those that are familiar with the Bohnanza card game can help to guide the others along.

Important!
The following rules are meant for the gaming participants.
1. To prevent anybody from dictating the gaming decisions of others, the asking of the secret abilities of other players is considered taboo (not among evil PMs of course).
2. Do not insult the gaming abilities of other players. Jesting at the farming skills of other houses is however encouraged.
3. Discussion about the balance of the game should be done through PMs with the moderator and during after-game analysis. The moderator reserves the right to do minor tweaks if necessary, but will try to refrain from doing so.
4. Distribution of roles, abilities and beans are strictly random (except for some abilities).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ann De Haes
Netherlands
Doorwerth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi House of Gassy Members! I'm glad to be in house with you lot. This is going to be fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ann De Haes
Netherlands
Doorwerth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, and for the record, I'm good! As always.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Rasmussen
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Kisu~
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't see this in the rules so I'll ask.

Do beans have to be planted for a certain amount of time before harvesting? Or could someone plant and then immediately harvest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.N. Onymous
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
melissa wrote:
Pffffft to all the Gassy Girls (and Guy - LOL!)

The same to you Melissa!

Hi all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SH W
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rasattack wrote:
I didn't see this in the rules so I'll ask.

Do beans have to be planted for a certain amount of time before harvesting? Or could someone plant and then immediately harvest?

You can plant and immediately harvest.

But note:
1. You only have 2 fields for planting.
2. One field can only accomodate 1 type of bean at a time.
3. The more beans you plant the greater the reward.
4. MOST IMPORTANTLY, you CANNOT harvest fields with a single bean, unless both your fields are single bean fields (or one is an empty field).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ann De Haes
Netherlands
Doorwerth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Latria wrote:
4. MOST IMPORTANTLY, you CANNOT harvest fields with a single bean, unless both your fields are single bean fields (or one is an empty field).

Latria, is this right? In the normal/real game, you cannot harvest if you have an empty bean field. Or is this a tweak from the normal rules from you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall P.
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
"Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution" - Theodosius Dobzhansky
badge
There is grandeur in this view of life, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
mbmbmbmbmb
7ofAnn wrote:
Latria wrote:

Latria, is this right? In the normal/real game, you cannot harvest if you have an empty bean field. Or is this a tweak from the normal rules from you?

I think the way Latria described it is right in the normal game too.

I am good.

Plant 2 Stink beans (mine) in Field 1. Tally: 2 stink beans - empty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ann De Haes
Netherlands
Doorwerth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, what I mean is that you cannot harvest a 1-bean field if you have an empty bean field. We've had a big riot over it in our latest game, so I'm pretty sure I know but maybe not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Rasmussen
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Kisu~
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never played Bohnanza. Why would you want to harvest a 1-bean field anyway? The only reason I can think of is you want to clear it for a different bean. Is there another reason?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ann De Haes
Netherlands
Doorwerth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a relevant thread (follow the link in the thread also please) discussing the harvesting of 1-bean fields.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/90434

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SH W
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Quote:

2.6: Can I destroy anyone's bean fields or just those inside my own house? And how does it work exactly? Suppose someone has planted 3 coffee beans and 4 blue beans, what happens when I use this ability on him?
4.3: Can I steal only from my own house or in any house? Rounded up or down?
6.6: If a player has been ressurrected, does he get new beans to plant? And does he keep all abilities he had prior to his death? What about his money?

2.6 You can destroy anybody's bean field. In your example, 1 coffee and 2 blue will be destroyed.

4.3 Anybody, rounded down

6.6 The resurrection is strictly for comments and voting. All beans, gold and abilities don't matter. He/she also don't affect evil's winning condition (which is parity, the talking/voting zombie don't count).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SH W
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
7ofAnn wrote:
No, what I mean is that you cannot harvest a 1-bean field if you have an empty bean field. We've had a big riot over it in our latest game, so I'm pretty sure I know but maybe not.

Maybe you are right, I don't know. But let's make things simple. You can harvest the single bean field even though the other field is empty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Acekim
United States
Boston
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I'm good also and clueless to the ways of Bohnanza. Will read up and try to figure out something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Hello. I'm kind of overwhelmed by this, but have one thought:

Try to keep a certain level of accountability among members in your house. For example, if evil ever uses the 6 gold free kill ability, I want to know who had 6 gold to spend. We don't need to track every penny, but just enough to figure out what happened. And it will probably be too crazy to try and keep track of everyone- just keep an eye on your own housemates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Golden Lotus
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I am good.

I like beans.

Any questions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
shugyosha wrote:
I like beans.

But in the trading thread...

shugyosha wrote:
Hmm, I love beans.

What's the matter shug? Why can't you just pick a story and stay with it? What are you hiding? How do you feel about beans really?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I am good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [47] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.