Subject: Hunt for Han Solo - reveal rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Blakeney
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do cards stay face up when you use this objectives ability?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. After a reveal's been done and everyone's seen it, the revealed card is placed back in the state it's meant to be in per the rules.

If a revealed card is added to your hand (eg Han Solo himself), it wouldn't be placed face-out for example. A reveal doesn't give your opponent the privilege of tracking the revealed card for the rest of the game.

Back to the Hunt effect: if it's the only card captured at an objective, the revealed card is of course trackable until another card is captured there by virtue of it being the only card there. If there are multiple cards captured there though, if an effect-based rescue is later performed at that objective, then them all being face-down allows the cards to be shuffled so that it's random which one's been rescued. (I actually prefer rolling a die to determine the result in these situations anyway so it wouldn't matter if it was face-up, but that's by the by.)

Note that "Reveal" used within an effect in this way is different to when it's used for framework events like edge stacks (eg Reversal of Fate), or even in LotR (eg "when revealed"), where "reveal" means more like process it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Blakeney
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fair enough. OK, but then the follow up question would be: what is the point of revealing it? Is it so that in the event that the one whom the card was just stolen from was stolen in a way that they are unaware of which card was stolen?

I'd like to think that if a card is captured from my hand that I would realize which one was missing. But I guess there are other ways of capturing cards from the deck, just not many.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because you have to prove it was a unit card. And yep, capturing might happen from the deck (eg Take Them Prisoner).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.