Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Sherwood
United States
Arundel
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If a player is the first to 8 districts, but the warlord immediately destroys one:

1) Does the game still end after this round?

2) Does that player still receive his 4 points?

If the same scenario occurs with the second player to 8 districts:

1) Does that player still receive a 2 point bonus?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kidd
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
The warlord can not destroy a district in a completed Citadel. Once someone has built the eighth district the game will end that turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Greisz
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In this thread, http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/794711#794711, the games designer confirms this. But does state that the Armory can destroy a district after the 8th district has been played. The game still ends at the end of the round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronster Zero
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The first player to 8 districts get the bonus.

The warrior cannot destroy and 8th district.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Spode
United States
Mount Airy
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sure the above posters are correct that a district can not be destroyed if it is the 8th but our group plays that you can destroy athe game ending district. I think it is more fun that way because makes the bishop very usefull and predictable at the end. Which makes the assasin very helpful and predictable which makes the thief useful....Its fun that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Bradley
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Scotland
flag msg tools
Subhuman wrote:
I am sure the above posters are correct that a district can not be destroyed if it is the 8th but our group plays that you can destroy athe game ending district. I think it is more fun that way because makes the bishop very usefull and predictable at the end. Which makes the assasin very helpful and predictable which makes the thief useful....Its fun that way.

Well, if you think about it, playing BY THE RULES gives exactly the same fun and suspense that you dscribe, but it simply occurs one turn earlier, that's all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.