Subject: Derail this thread! (Pathetic GG prize available!) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: popcornandgetdrink [+] TheMetaFairyhasbeenhere [+] [View All]
DZ Woloshyn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Not long ago, I screwed up a thread. This one, specifically.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/994923/didnt-read-the-th...

Don't bother reading it.

In so doing, I incurred the wrath/ridicule of several sharp-witted individuals, earned not a single comment from the OP (who had abandoned the thread well before then), and also got tipped 0.05 GG.

Now I feel guilty having it.

Therefore, I offer it to THE ONE WHO EARNS THE MOST THUMBS BY.. oh, let's say FRIDAY AT MIDNIGHT, along with any GG that I find on the street before then.

The rules are simple. Take one iota from the previous thread, and spin off on some tangent. Thumb a post if you felt the need to reply to it directly. Bonus points at my discretion if someone actually does reply directly.

Let's begin with an example in actual conversation with my in-laws...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DZ Woloshyn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
"Speaking of spinning off, I remember when I got my car stuck in the parking lot at work, and three guys were helping me push it out, but the wheels would stop spinning because of the stupid Automatic Traction System. I kept pushing the OFF button, but didn't realize that you have to hold it for like five seconds before the car concedes that you reeeeally want that feature off.

It was so embarrassing."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DZ Woloshyn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
"Speaking of traction, I got the best liver and onions at the restaurant last night. Man, I love liver and onions, but when the bill came, my portion of the bill was $70, and I couldn't figure out how I managed to spend so much more than Steve and Jack and couldn't in good conscience split the bill equally. I'm almost glad that Alec is in traction so he wouldn't make fun of my expensive liver and onions!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RSP?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't agree with any of you, therefore Hitler.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vandemonium wrote:
I don't agree with any of you, therefore Hitler.
Wll at least it's not Obama, can you imagine what Hitler would have been like if he had been a libtard??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The neutral evil villain known as
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this where I post requests for art?
I am making a game and wanted to know if anyone could do some art for free. I can't pay anything because I am putting it up on kickstarter and won't know if it will fly. It will only be for experience, but hey a portfolio piece is something right? Please post here if you can help me make my millions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
Microbadge: Ukiyo-e fanMicrobadge: Ukiyo-e fanMicrobadge: Ukiyo-e fanMicrobadge: Ukiyo-e fanMicrobadge: Ukiyo-e fan
How is any of this related to board games?

In the spirit of the OPs request.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kSwingrÜber
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
(watch this space)
badge
Does changing the text here count towards "Change Your Avatar" day?
mbmbmbmbmb
Pone4games wrote:
... board games? ...
Oh! That reminds me of this game:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
bacon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Vondra
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Case Blue

and

Submarine
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
Microbadge: Ukiyo-e fanMicrobadge: Ukiyo-e fanMicrobadge: Ukiyo-e fanMicrobadge: Ukiyo-e fanMicrobadge: Ukiyo-e fan
One of my friends referenced that he had received a rusty trombone recently, but I did not think brass could rust and doubted the accuracy of his story. I am guessing that the lever arm is stuck due to prolonged lack of use and wondered if anyone had any suggestions for a fix. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Trinidad
Colorado
flag msg tools
Learn from the past, look to the future.
badge
That is correct, yes it is.
Microbadge: I bought this microbadge just for the halibut.Microbadge: plusMicrobadge: Shave the whalesMicrobadge: equalsMicrobadge: Fighting Hover Crab fan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
午餐先生
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: Instant Human - just add coffeeMicrobadge: Offline from The Geek for a whileMicrobadge: Taiwanese games fan
jeRm! wrote:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
Microbadge: Look up at the starsMicrobadge: and not down at your feet.Microbadge: Try to make sense of what you see,Microbadge: and wonder about what makes the universe exist.Microbadge: Be curious. - Stephen Hawking
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Wunderlin
United States
Sylvania
oh
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'ma let you finish, Frumpish, but Trans-America was the best train game of all time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb

I love Pop Tarts!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
午餐先生
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: Instant Human - just add coffeeMicrobadge: Offline from The Geek for a whileMicrobadge: Taiwanese games fan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Nyberg
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I went into my FLGS and I couldn't believe the prices! Where do they get off charging MSRP for all the board games I like!?! I will only shop online now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The neutral evil villain known as
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Pone4games wrote:
How is any of this related to board games?

In the spirit of the OPs request.

Dude, in chichat, it is forbidden to talk directly about the bg in board game geeks. OOOP! I said it, dang.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
Speaking about how differently some people think, my oldest son got married and bought a house but my youngest son bought a house THEN got married. How different can two kids be?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Se temas pri tio, kiel malsame iuj homoj pensas, mia plej maljuna filo edziĝis kaj poste aĉetis domon, sed mia plej juna filo edziĝis al domo kaj poste aĉetis edzinon. Jen kiel malsamaj du homoj povas esti!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jona 3
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
Someone might win something? Then I ain't thumbing any of your gorram posts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kruczek
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the difference between Ameritrash and Eurogames? And does it matter because one is clearly better than the other? Which of course is why all the women responding to this thread are wrong. It's not Analysis Paralysis, I'm just smarter than you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |