Ticket to Ride» Forums » General

Subject: counting scores automagically from a TTR picture rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
aschig moxabov
msg tools
mbmb
Hi,

I was wondering if there is a program out there such that if you upload a picture of a completed board, it will return the the total count from routes for each color.

It will be a fun program to write (if only I had more time). But may be some one has done that already?

Cheers,
aschig

Ticket to Ride

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aschig wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering if there is a program out there such that if you upload a picture of a completed board, it will return the the total count from routes for each color.

It will be a fun program to write (if only I had more time). But may be some one has done that already?

Cheers,
aschig

Ticket to Ride
That would be nice indeed. Someone already did that for Race For The Galaxy for Android... you just use the camera to scan your tableau, and it recognizes the cards (plus expansions) from its database.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Gansen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is an IOS App that allows you to count your tracks up relatively quickly. There is probably am android equivalent.

I guess when I am playing the physical board game, I like counting up the scores at the end by hand. It's one of those tactile things that are great about physical board games as opposed to their electronic equivalents.

That being said, I do understand that some people may not want that.

Just my 1/50 of a dollar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam P
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's definitely possible to do although I'm not going to attempt it since my coding would probably be awful. At any rate, the only game this does NOT work for is TTR: Africa, which could throw a wrench into things unless you marked the tracks somehow to show the double points.

If I were a programmer, I'd do the quicker method, which is to just count up the tracks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
luapnes wrote:
There is an IOS App that allows you to count your tracks up relatively quickly. There is probably am android equivalent.

I guess when I am playing the physical board game, I like counting up the scores at the end by hand. It's one of those tactile things that are great about physical board games as opposed to their electronic equivalents.

That being said, I do understand that some people may not want that.

Just my 1/50 of a dollar.
I already have that for And, and I'm sure there are free apps for iOS. However, I find it's not that much different than using a regular calculator. The PITN part comes from going around the board, and making sure you hit everything without counting a route once.

I get into the habit of scoring as you go, as I find that saves more time in the long run vs. having to score at the end.

An "auto app" would also count LR.

TheLastRaven wrote:
It's definitely possible to do although I'm not going to attempt it since my coding would probably be awful. At any rate, the only game this does NOT work for is TTR: Africa, which could throw a wrench into things unless you marked the tracks somehow to show the double points.

If I were a programmer, I'd do the quicker method, which is to just count up the tracks.
Huh... I'd think a programmer would want to write code to automate exactly these sorts of things

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.