Subject: +1 push rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
zippy 611
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just played this game for the first time today, and the other person I played with got 2 +1 push tiles, we played as if it was a permanent bonus.
That way seem a little over-powered to me, so I was wondering if it was just a one time bonus. Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zippy611 wrote:
I just played this game for the first time today, and the other person I played with got 2 +1 push tiles, we played as if it was a permanent bonus.
That way seem a little over-powered to me, so I was wondering if it was just a one time bonus. Thanks in advance!

It's a one time bonus. Once you use it, you put the tile back. You're right in that it would be way overpowered if it was a permanent bonus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schock
United States
White Hall
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, you can never have more than one of the tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zippy 611
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you so much! That will really help with the staring contests that occur when there are only 2 income tiles left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emivaldo Sousa
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ON this subject:

Reading the manual I got the impression that you can only use the +1 tile if you do not get any stone to begin with.

The rule is on the same paragraph of the rule that says what happens if you do not get anything.

any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Reeve
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zinho73 wrote:
ON this subject:

Reading the manual I got the impression that you can only use the +1 tile if you do not get any stone to begin with.

The rule is on the same paragraph of the rule that says what happens if you do not get anything.

any thoughts?

I didn't get that impression at all. I got the feel that it was simply SEPARATE from the regular pushing of up to 2 tiles and the consolation prize that awards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emivaldo Sousa
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adreeve wrote:
zinho73 wrote:
ON this subject:

any thoughts?

I didn't get that impression at all. I got the feel that it was simply SEPARATE from the regular pushing of up to 2 tiles and the consolation prize that awards.

Makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Barnett
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zinho73 wrote:
ON this subject:

any thoughts?

I thought the same as you, but I'm not certain. There may just be a paragraph break missing in the rules printing?

Also, it raises the question how does the +1 push interact with the compensation of a small stone slab if you fail to get anything after two pushes?

Do you still get the compensation even if you use your +1 push? Or does the +1 push replace the compensation? Or do you still get the compensation if all three pushes produce no stones? (To try and answer my own question, I would have thought that the intent is that you only get the compensation if you get no stones from your visit to the quarry, so the latter interpretation would be correct.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.