United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi fellow BGGers,

Somewhere (I don't remember where) I saw some information regarding a changed insert that will better hold the cards. I don't have the game, but Kickstarted it to get the base game and expansion.

My original intention was to choose the option to skip the box and get the sleeves instead. However, I have this niggling big of information that makes me wonder if storage might be an issue and I'm better off with the expansion box (with its insert).

Can anyone help me figure out if there is some issue with the box insert and the storage of cards + expansion.

Many thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that the original box didn't have any sort of organization, but that the new box will be specifically setup to use slots or something.

I'm looking more for information on what the situation is, rather than opinion. However, you do have a good point that the box won't be available later, but the sleeves will be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems I answered my own question. The information was in an update within the Kickstarter campaign.

I had to re-read the post a few times to make sense of it, but my take away was this:

The Ambassador expansion will come with a simple divided insert. Nothing special. The base game shipping with the Kickstarter will have the same insert as the original print run (in fact, it might just be part of the initial print run).

There WILL be a new better insert that will come with a currently unannounced expansion. This expansion will come in a box the same size as the original game. The insert will be plastic and will hold all the content for the game. For those who already own the base game, the expansion will come with 2 of these inserts, so the extra one can be put in the original game box.

This insert won't be ready before 2014... and by extension, I would assume the big box expansion will come out it 2014.

I hope someone finds this information helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
FWIW, I created my own insert last weekend. A piece of cardboard (from a breakfast cereal box) and some glue were all that I needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Tangentially related question, since you mentioned the Kickstarter survey and the option for sleeves or boxed expansion... Did the survey actually had a question about which option we want? I answered the survey but couldn't find any.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So did I. For a moment, I thought I might have missed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I assumed the survey would ask which option (A or B), which is why I started this thread. I was surprised when I saw that it didn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Soot Sprite
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we all answered 'A' or'B' in the special instructions field...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spritey wrote:
I think we all answered 'A' or'B' in the special instructions field...
I didn't cool I was kinda drunk when I received the email to answer the survey, which I excitedly did right then and there...haha

It wasn't till later I realised I forgot something. I have already sent a message to Konstantinos, so I'm sure all will be right///meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
The Pursuit of Happiness: Experiences expansion on Kickstarter - Feb 26 2019!
mbmbmbmbmb
Handling 5 projects at once can be tricky sometimes. There was no direct question about which option do you prefer on the survey. If you mentioned the option of your choice on the instructions question, that's fine.

If you didn't, please email us at ats@artipiagames.com and tell us which option you would like to receive.

Don't worry, even if someone doesn't do either, we will contact him/her and ask before sending anything out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
For a while I had the idea of getting the box and extra sleeves. But then more and more stretch goals were reached and we got so many extra cards that an extra set of sleeves was needed.
The box used to cost $6 (it was equal to two sets of sleeves), and then suddenly cost $9. Too expensive for me.

Edit: What I didn't understand in the end-of-auction mail was that Artipia wanted to have my address. I pledged for collecting the game at Essen, so it's not as if anything needs to be sent to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought this thread was interesting. I got mine in the mail today. There is no insert at all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls