Subject: Seeking local people for gaming rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Lewis
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I live in Bunker Hill, WV. Looking for people within reasonable travel distance that enjoy games like dungeon lords, dominant species, carcassonne, spartacus, city of horror, through the ages, 7 wonders, agricola, etc. I would prefer to find people in mid 20s so that if we click we can hang out for stuff other than boardgames too, but will settle for just the gaming if needed my email is mbuna120@yahoo.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/forum/75/boardgamegeek/southeast
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Dennard
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:

Unfortunately, we live in an area where there don't seem to be many gaming opportunities, at least that I've found, outside of Northern VA.

I'm in Winchester, just down the road, but I'd fall in the older category (just turned 40). Finding gaming partners is difficult for me, as well, and I haven't played many of the games you mentioned in your list, but I'd be up for it. My tastes tend to fall toward thematic stuff (you could probably tell from my collection), but I also enjoy games like Yggdrasil, Small World, Lords of Waterdeep, and Seasons, as well as some hybrid games like Cyclades and Kemet.

Summer tends to be busy for me, but we could try to work a time out and find a meeting spot. Send me a geekmail, if you want, and we can figure something out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy K.
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
Way-whu-nuh-now?!
mbmbmbmbmb
You can search for users by proximity to a zip code.

"Misc" (at top of home page) --> "Find Users" --> "Find Gamers"

Prior to messaging someone, I would suggest checking each member's profile to see when the last time he or she logged in. BGG has a lot of dormant or abandoned accounts.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from General Gaming to Southeast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nelson
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
Do you know if there are any boardgaming groups in our area (Winchester, VA)? It seems like there are some magic and RPG groups, but it's pretty dry as far as board gamers go.

I am going to the meetup group down at the indie book store on Friday, if anyone on BGG is in the area and has any competitive euro or ameritrash games please come by. I know that there will be some Catan and maybe Carcasonne at the store, but if you have anything more thematic I'd definitely be interested in starting a game. Maybe if we make it look fun enough people around here will stop buying Milton Bradley games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mbuna120 wrote:
I live in Bunker Hill, WV. Looking for people within reasonable travel distance that enjoy games like dungeon lords, dominant species, carcassonne, spartacus, city of horror, through the ages, 7 wonders, agricola, etc. I would prefer to find people in mid 20s so that if we click we can hang out for stuff other than boardgames too, but will settle for just the gaming if needed my email is mbuna120@yahoo.com

A suggestion: It's helpful if you put the city, state in the subject line for people scanning the forums here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.