Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Tuepah
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Hello everyone,

Before I jump into this game, I just wanted to see if you needed multiple core boxes for the "ultimate" experience which seems to be the case with many other FFG card games.

Or is this their one black sheep where they decided to give you everything that is completely needed in one box?

I will sign up for sure if one is all that is needed.

Didn't see a second post about this other than it isn't a traditional deck builder but I am just confirming to be sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LCGs are those games you mention. Treat BB:TM as a boardgame instead - it has everything. Buying another box has no effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
There is an expansion that adds more teams but is not essential.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
badge
mb
This is NOT an LCG. That is the most important thing to emphasise. It is a self-contained product that has been expanded but is an outstanding product straight out of the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
Torino
flag msg tools
[______|_hi]
badge
[intentionally left blank]
mbmbmbmbmb
tuepak wrote:

Didn't see a second post about this other than it isn't a traditional deck builder but I am just confirming to be sure.

Not sure if I am being of help, but...

This is not a deckbuilder meaning that you have to build your deck before playing (some call that "deck construction" to avoid ambiguity with the other kind of "deckbuilding").
It has the "deckbuilding" unfortunately-named-so-mechanic that is found in a number of other games, of which I think the most known/popular is Dominion. You alter your deck during the game, as an outcome of your actions in the game (this is "deck management").

So BBTM has deck management; you do not build your deck before playing, and, as others have stated, you do not need multiple copies.
However keep in mind that "deck management" is present (it is how you acquire new players for your team) and an important aspect, but not the focus of the game, as it is in Dominion; it does not work that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
K____ wrote:
tuepak wrote:

Not sure if I am being of help, but...

This is not a deckbuilder meaning that you have to build your deck before playing (some call that "deck construction" to avoid ambiguity with the other kind of "deckbuilding").
It has the "deckbuilding" unfortunately-named-so-mechanic that is found in a number of other games, of which I think the most known/popular is Dominion. You alter your deck during the game, as an outcome of your actions in the game (this is "deck management").

So BBTM has deck management; you do not build your deck before playing, and, as others have stated, you do not need multiple copies.
However keep in mind that "deck management" is present (it is how you acquire new players for your team) and an important aspect, but not the focus of the game, as it is in Dominion; it does not work that way.

To add on to this, the deckbuilding is a minimal part of the game. I hate deckbuilders (I've sold off Thunderstone, Star Trek, Dominion, Ascension, etc...), but I love this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.