Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: I know who the PS 7 TIE Bomber pilot is! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Allen
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I know for a fact now that the PS 7 TIE Bomber pilot is Major Rhymer, http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rhymer. I was at a local gaming store and the wave 3 ships are on the cover of a GTM they had at the counter. With it being a clear picture and not a digital net pic you can easily read Rhymer on the base tile.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
A trial needs witnesses and evidence not a coverup.
Avatar
Microbadge: Tactical Space Combat Games fanMicrobadge: Star Trek fanMicrobadge: Proud GrandparentMicrobadge: Star Trek: Ascendancy fanMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars Fan
Here is a link to the article: http://www.gametrademagazine.com/Home/1/1/58/581

You can see the full text for Captain Jonus:

Quote:
When another friendly ship at Range 1 attacks with a secondary weapon, it may reroll up to 2 attack dice.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B.
United States
East Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The article claims that the autoblaster is the "bane" of imperial swarms, so I wonder if that suggests anything to us. Perhaps after making an attack it will allow the ship to perform another immediate free attack against one other enemy within Range 1 of the target or something? If so, Ten Numb + Marksmanship + Autoblaster will be very good. Alternatively, maybe it will 'splash' damage like an Assault Missile?


I can't think of another ability that would be particularly good against swarms but not other opponents. Other common suggestions of letting the autoblaster make an attack as an action or of just having a pile of dice at close range aren't really any better against a swarm than a swarm than they are against anything else.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Huhtala
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't remember where I saw it, but I believe the autoblaster is a 3-attack weapon that says something like: "Attack 2 ships. You may not spend focus tokens for either attack."
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Kua
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
From the article...

Quote:
The B-wing’s offensive capability is immense, and it has amazing low-speed agility.
This will be interesting. A low speed high agility ship will be quite interesting indeed against TIE swarms which rely on getting into close range...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Koehler
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
FrutigerSans wrote:
From the article...

Quote:
The B-wing’s offensive capability is immense, and it has amazing low-speed agility.
This will be interesting. A low speed high agility ship will be quite interesting indeed against TIE swarms which rely on getting into close range...
I think we'll get a ship that can go ahead 3 at best, but have everything in regards to 1- and 2- speed maneuvers.

Thank heavens, I was getting stressed about a no turn or K-turn B-Wing. Maybe thats what the lambda is
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
RogueThirteen wrote:
The article claims that the autoblaster is the "bane" of imperial swarms, so I wonder if that suggests anything to us. Perhaps after making an attack it will allow the ship to perform another immediate free attack against one other enemy within Range 1 of the target or something? If so, Ten Numb + Marksmanship + Autoblaster will be very good. Alternatively, maybe it will 'splash' damage like an Assault Missile?


I can't think of another ability that would be particularly good against swarms but not other opponents. Other common suggestions of letting the autoblaster make an attack as an action or of just having a pile of dice at close range aren't really any better against a swarm than a swarm than they are against anything else.
Someone on another site (a poster who goes by Theorist) had the following insight, and I agree. The range, Attack dice, and cost of the Autoblaster are covered, but if you squint a little the Autoblaster's text looks something like this:

"ATTACK: Attack 1 ship.

Your [hit] results
cannot be canceled
by defense dice.

The defender may cancel
[crit] results before [hit] results."

It makes sense for a lot of reasons, not least of which is that it's an almost ideal complement to Ten Numb's ability. But it would also explain why it's the bane of Imperial swarms--it'll be the bane of any list that depends on Agility rather than hit points.

ETA: FrutigerSans' pull quote makes it very likely I'll be running generic B-wings over generic X-wings at least 80% of the time.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John DiMaggio
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
FrutigerSans wrote:
From the article...

Quote:
The B-wing’s offensive capability is immense, and it has amazing low-speed agility.
This will be interesting. A low speed high agility ship will be quite interesting indeed against TIE swarms which rely on getting into close range...
This scares me in that it suggests the B-wing having a 1 turn at the expense of a 3 or 4 straight, and possibly no koigran? I hope not, as I'll be worried that the X-wing will lose it's spot in most lists if that's the case.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Vorpal Sword wrote:
RogueThirteen wrote:
The article claims that the autoblaster is the "bane" of imperial swarms, so I wonder if that suggests anything to us. Perhaps after making an attack it will allow the ship to perform another immediate free attack against one other enemy within Range 1 of the target or something? If so, Ten Numb + Marksmanship + Autoblaster will be very good. Alternatively, maybe it will 'splash' damage like an Assault Missile?


I can't think of another ability that would be particularly good against swarms but not other opponents. Other common suggestions of letting the autoblaster make an attack as an action or of just having a pile of dice at close range aren't really any better against a swarm than a swarm than they are against anything else.
Someone on another site (a poster who goes by Theorist) had the following insight, and I agree. The range, Attack dice, and cost of the Autoblaster are covered, but if you squint a little the Autoblaster's text looks something like this:

"ATTACK: Attack 1 ship.

Your [hit] results
cannot be canceled
by defense dice.

The defender may cancel
[crit] results before [hit] results."

It makes sense for a lot of reasons, not least of which is that it's an almost ideal complement to Ten Numb's ability. But it would also explain why it's the bane of Imperial swarms--it'll be the bane of any list that depends on Agility rather than hit points.

ETA: FrutigerSans' pull quote makes it very likely I'll be running generic B-wings over generic X-wings at least 80% of the time.
I saw one that said something like:


ACTION: Attack 1 ship.

Your [eyeball] results
cannot be rerolled with
Target Lock.

This effectively allows two attacks in a turn, although it requires passing Focus tokens to add quality to those attacks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
iNano78 wrote:
I saw one that said something like:

ACTION: Attack 1 ship.

Your [eyeball] results
cannot be rerolled with
Target Lock.

This effectively allows two attacks in a turn, although it requires passing Focus tokens to add quality to those attacks.
I'm less willing to buy that one (I think you're thinking of this thread), for several reasons in addition to RogueThirteen's:

1) The bold header looks to me like it's the same as in the Ion Cannon right next to it, and we know that one says "ATTACK". (I've actually overlaid them in an image editing program, and it's a very close match. Because yes, I'm that big of a dork.)

2) I'm pretty sure the symbol in the first line isn't an [eyeball]. Compare it to the [eyeball] in both the regular Proton Torpedoes and the Advanced PTs.

3) The bottom bit of text ("When attacking this turn [critical] results become [hit] results") isn't written parallel to the similar effect of the Heavy Laser Cannon, and the text from HLC wouldn't fit as the last sentence of the Autoblaster.

4) An attack that could be performed as an action would have such extraordinary synergy with the Gunner that, IMO, it would be very difficult to balance the cannon.

The alternate version, with un-cancelable [hit] results, works better for me because it's a better match to the bits of the card I'm sure of. It's also a perfect complement to Ten Numb's ability, which comes in the same blister and demonstrates that FFG is exploring that part of the design space.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
Isnt the autoblaster a "space shotgun"? So Im assuming a range 1-2 (possibly only 1) attack that does splash damage.

Major Rhymer's ability will almost certainly be something that improves the damage of secondary weapons. Something like converting an eye to a hit/crit.

Anyway, i fully expect another FFG article here at some point showcaseing the Bwing and Tie Bomber must like the last one did for the Crow and Shuttle.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls