Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens to a secret passage, which connects a "real" with an illusionary chamber (or which connects two illusionary chambers) when the gong sounds?

Btw, are you allowed to place a secret passage on free side of a chamber (so to say, in advance)? I assume, no?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hulsebus
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not exactly sure I'm interpreting your question correctly, but I think this will answer it.

1) Only illusionary chambers vanish. Other chambers stay out. It's possible that later when you explore and put down a new tile where the illusion used to be, it won't connect with the previous tiles around it in the same way.

2) You have no choice in which way you orient a newly explored tile. First you pick where you are going to explore, then you see the tile, then you place the tile where you said you were going to put it with the grey part of it facing the door you explored through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems you did not ;)

I refer only to secret passages, not to the regular addition of chamber tiles to the board. The latter is clear to me (including the vanishing of illusionary chambers, and that the stairs must always show to your current position, when adding a tile).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Amundsen Østby
Norway
Langhus
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hermjard wrote:
What happens to a secret passage, which connects a "real" with an illusionary chamber (or which connects two illusionary chambers) when the gong sounds?

Btw, are you allowed to place a secret passage on free side of a chamber (so to say, in advance)? I assume, no?
These are very good questions

Note: The illusion chambers disappear when the countdown ends, not when the gong sounds.

A secret passage between two illusion chambers would disappear at the end of a countdown.

A secret passage between a normal chamber and an illusion chamber would remain in play.

..so, yes, it is possible to play a secret passage on a free side of a chamber, to give you an open door through which you can explore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Kristian, for all your very fast and very accurate answers!

Btw, it is great, how intense you take care for and support your game. A shining example for all other game authors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Amundsen Østby
Norway
Langhus
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Frank