Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When there are less than 3 POI in the building and none left in the reserve, I assume you don't replenish to 3, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
fardoche wrote:
When there are less than 3 POI in the building and none left in the reserve, I assume you don't replenish to 3, right?
Correct. If you don't have enough, how are you supposed to fill more than what you have?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erathor Erathor
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, how do you play until that extend? Usually POI counter provided for the game is enough for a scenario. Did you lost it to your cat or you are playing a mod game?laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Erathor wrote:
Wow, how do you play until that extend? Usually POI counter provided for the game is enough for a scenario. Did you lost it to your cat or you are playing a mod game?laugh
I had to go back and double-check the math. You'd have to have all 5 false alarms come out first and lose more than one of the victims in order to get into this situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We often play beyond the 7th rescued victim. It does not feel right to say "OK, guys, we've done our bit, 'nuff for today, let someone else take care for the rest of them!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
fardoche wrote:
Correct. If you don't have enough, how are you supposed to fill more than what you have?
Well, that's why I wanted to make sure...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Erathor wrote:
I had the 5 false alarms, 6 saved and 2 dead. There were only two POI left on the board and none in the reserve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bort
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PunTheHun wrote:
We often play beyond the 7th rescued victim. It does not feel right to say "OK, guys, we've done our bit, 'nuff for today, let someone else take care for the rest of them!"
Look, its their own silly fault for hiding behind the couch where I couldnt see them the last time I was in that room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bortmonkey wrote:
Look, its their own silly fault for hiding behind the couch where I couldnt see them the last time I was in that room.
Maybe they even called the rescue service with the hint "we are exactly ten people still in the house, but it is OK if you get just seven out, we were overcrowded anyway."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Tischler
United Kingdom
Willingham
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I agree Lutz. Fire fighters cannot just leave tax payers to burn in the house. They have paid for the service and anyway what would the press say?

I like to try and rescue as many as possible. Get in just one more time to rescue old Mrs Miggins who fell asleep watching a soap opera on the telly. It becomes a push-your-luck game. Can we rescue all the people before the building collapses on our brave fire fighters?

Answer: Usually not. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Campbell
Canada
Banff
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is always when the game gets perpetually more and more intense, so as long as there are no time constraints for anyone at the table or other things on the evening schedule, I generally play out the POIs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse E

Michigan
msg tools
I ran into this last night, my very first time playing the game. Found all false alarms, and ran out of POI's. The instructions didn't say what to do, so we just played the game out with the POI's that were left on the board. Sounds like we did it the right way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Matrix_Prime wrote:
Found all false alarms, and ran out of POIs.
Hm. How can you run out of POIs? You take 10 victims + 5 false alarms, shuffle & draw. Then you rescue people until you got 7 (or more, if you like) or until you lose. I am not sure what you mean with "running out of POIs".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
PunTheHun wrote:
Matrix_Prime wrote:
Found all false alarms, and ran out of POIs.
Hm. How can you run out of POIs? You take 10 victims + 5 false alarms, shuffle & draw. Then you rescue people until you got 7 (or more, if you like) or until you lose. I am not sure what you mean with "running out of POIs".
If the first POIs are false alarms and you lose 2 or more victims, you can get to a point where you can't have 3 POIs on the board at one time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Byrd
United States
Gladwyne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you've found all 5 false alarms, and have lost 3 victims, there will be 7 victims left.

I'm not seeing how this prevents 3 POIs from being on the board unless you've also rescued 5 of them. Once you've done that there are only two more victims to rescue. Once those last two are rescued, the house is empty and you win.

The house is a bit of a clown car, but it's not a portal to the Dimension of Infinite Stacks of Unconscious Victims.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
jackbird wrote:
If you've found all 5 false alarms, and have lost 3 victims, there will be 7 victims left.

I'm not seeing how this prevents 3 POIs from being on the board unless you've also rescued 5 of them. Once you've done that there are only two more victims to rescue. Once those last two are rescued, the house is empty and you win.

The house is a bit of a clown car, but it's not a portal to the Dimension of Infinite Stacks of Unconscious Victims.
Right, that was the point of the OP. He got to a point where he was in this situation, and didn't know what he should do. Since others were questioning if this was even possible, we went through the math. It can happen, and apparently more frequently than one would guess.

The reply was to just leave those 2, then 1, then none, on the board and not worry about having at least 3 on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls