Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I see many comments on this game comparing it to Dominion. I've played the base game of Dominion and felt like I was playing competitive solitaire and didn't really enjoy it.

I like the look and theme of this game but I want more player interaction than base Dominion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Staudt
Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
Es gibt nur eine Borussia
badge
Die Raute im Herzen
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the game yet, but I assume that the game board ensures competition for certain routes / cities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
Microbadge: "Made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs."Microbadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: English syntax to Jedi not important is!Microbadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: Rebellion fan
ashman wrote:
I don't have the game yet, but I assume that the game board ensures competition for certain routes / cities.
It does. I takes the core of Dominion, but the real action is on the board. Racing to a city, blocking opponents, that's all part of that fine game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abravenewgeek
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I would say it is a mix of both Dominion and a route building game like Railways of the World. There is definitely much more player interaction than Dominion.

It is a fantastic game and I would recommend you at least try it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Piloka
msg tools
Ill tell what you get kinda pissed when you do all this work to develop a city and someone just brings their track in to get the same amount of victory points as you. People also have to take a wound/waste.card every time they put a track where you all ready did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joeyjojo702 wrote:
Ill tell what you get kinda pissed when you do all this work to develop a city and someone just brings their track in to get the same amount of victory points as you. People also have to take a wound/waste.card every time they put a track where you all ready did.
At a higher cost, not "just brings it in", and why didn't you make all the approaches expensive?

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls