GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,895 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
164 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » The Village Square

Subject: GenCon 2013 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I missed Origins and I'm bummed...

So i bought my badge for GenCon so I don't have a wiggle room to not go. I'm attending. I'll be at Trade Day as an Educator followed by Friday and Saturday (that's the goal at least). I can't go Thursday and Sunday.

SO, who else is going? What are you planning on playing? Do we have enough for some F2F WW?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThatFedoraGuy wrote:

So i bought my badge for GenCon so I don't have a wiggle room to not go. I'm attending. I'll be at Trade Day as an Educator followed by Friday and Saturday (that's the goal at least). I can't go Thursday and Sunday.

SO, who else is going? What are you planning on playing? Do we have enough for some F2F WW?

I'm going with a car full of WW gamers! We'll have plenty of people to play F2F WW, and we will be there from Tuesday afternoon until Monday morning. Definitely going to have room for you in the circle!

Besides that, my girlfriend and I are entered in a Tichu tournament together, and I have entered in a Star Trek Catan tourney to get the chance to play against Wil Wheaton. We're also doing the True Dungeon on Sunday and some VIG events. Other than that we're keeping our schedules open so we can get lots of WW and shopping in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As we get closer to the date, I'll GM you my phone number so we can touch base before getting there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Guenhwyvhar wrote:
ThatFedoraGuy wrote:

I'm going with a car full of WW gamers! We'll have plenty of people to play F2F WW, and we will be there from Tuesday afternoon until Monday morning. Definitely going to have room for you in the circle!

Besides that, my girlfriend and I are entered in a Tichu tournament together, and I have entered in a Star Trek Catan tourney to get the chance to play against Wil Wheaton. We're also doing the True Dungeon on Sunday and some VIG events. Other than that we're keeping our schedules open so we can get lots of WW and shopping in!

I can see it now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kit Kat
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why does Indiana have to be so far away from Idaho?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
mbmbmbmbmb
Kit Kat wrote:
Why does Indiana have to be so far away from Idaho?

Far is relative... you could totally make it in a day... or a night...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guenhwyvhar wrote:
ThatFedoraGuy wrote:

Awesome. I'm looking at picking up some TD tickets as well. with a party of 1, it's a little easier to slide into a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Sellers
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Try again later!
mbmbmbmbmb
ThatFedoraGuy wrote:

I'm planning on being there the whole time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
Quality games cleverly crafted.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
mbmbmbmbmb
I am now interested in this.
Researching.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a valiant, pungent reindeer king
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
mbmbmbmbmb
One of these years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sigafoos wrote:
One of these years.

Anyone from MI going?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone who's been to gencon tell me a bit about it?
The webcsite is not very user friendly for finding info imo.
Is is mostly open gaming?
If I get a 4 day pass what does that allow me to do?
Events, open gaming, what?
Also, is there a game library?
Do people who bring games share them?

Describe a gencon experience for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Karmic_devil wrote:

Well......

34000+ attendees over a four-day weekend. There is open gaming, as well as sign-up events. A four day pass allows you to enter the facilities, gives access to the game library, the main exhibit floor, and any free events. A lot of the events are done via registration, and there is a system where you trade money for 2$ tickets, and those tickets are good as long as GenCon keeps going (I have tickets from 2010 that are still valid).

Plenty of seminars, lessons, an auction hall, and plenty of other side events and entertainments. The gaming library is huge, and there are a lot of free tables around that you can use to do open gaming. I don't know about people who bring games what they do with them, but I highly doubt they would put them in a communal sharing pool.

I'm bringing two full copies of Ultimate Werewolf: Ultimate Edition, along with three very skilled moderators, all of whom are looking forward to their first time there! Hopefully we shall see you there as well!

And to Fedora:

BWAHahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crimson Fox
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uh huh... working the con again. I get to wear those snazzy black and red shirts even. I used to work the auction room. You can spend lots of time in there.

I often spend late night roaming the convention hall doing the puzzlehunt. (those things set up on easels everywhere)

And of course the dealers room is mandatory. So much stuff....
Stuff glorious stuff.

I often take in a writing and game design seminar or two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guenhwyvhar wrote:
Karmic_devil wrote:

Well......

34000+ attendees over a four-day weekend. There is open gaming, as well as sign-up events. A four day pass allows you to enter the facilities, gives access to the game library, the main exhibit floor, and any free events. A lot of the events are done via registration, and there is a system where you trade money for 2$ tickets, and those tickets are good as long as GenCon keeps going (I have tickets from 2010 that are still valid).

Plenty of seminars, lessons, an auction hall, and plenty of other side events and entertainments. The gaming library is huge, and there are a lot of free tables around that you can use to do open gaming. I don't know about people who bring games what they do with them, but I highly doubt they would put them in a communal sharing pool.

I'm bringing two full copies of Ultimate Werewolf: Ultimate Edition, along with three very skilled moderators, all of whom are looking forward to their first time there! Hopefully we shall see you there as well!

And to Fedora:

Generics stay valid?!?

And, umm, what was the evil laugh for?

Heh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guenhwyvhar wrote:
Karmic_devil wrote:

Well......

And to Fedora:

Oooh Gwen is going?! This is going to be tough to miss.
Thanks for the heads up. I like the sound of it. My two most regularly attended cons are BGG.con and Unity Games and Unity is all about people bringing their games, putting them in a communal pool and collecting them at the end.
I love trust. And I love people who trust and are worthy of trusting.

I'm trying to figure if I can go to this event. I can probably swing the ticket but getting there will be tough (Sel and I only have 1 car right now and she'll need it for work) and lodging will be a bit of a financial drain. Having just come back from China, and planning another move, and living in one of the most economically depressed states are taking their toll.

I'll keep you guys posted on my possible attendance. It really sounds like a blast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Last Post Bandit
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
I like toast
mbmbmbmbmb
I swear one of these days I'll go...and get kicked out D1 for selfvoting
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Generics stay valid because you've given them money and didn't receive a service for it. I'm pretty sure you can't sell them back either, so you just paid money for a piece of paper that wouldn't do anything unless they remained valid. They have a barcode on them so it's not like they can't be tracked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThatFedoraGuy wrote:
Guenhwyvhar wrote:
Karmic_devil wrote:

Well......

And to Fedora:

Generics stay valid?!?

And, umm, what was the evil laugh for?

Heh.

Just to get you pumped for the evil Canadian onslaught that is descending upon you. I've got allies........
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I always knew this day would come.

I better start learning Canadian, eh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThatFedoraGuy wrote:

...or be taken over without having a say in the matter.

BWAHahahahaha!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris L
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Karmic_devil wrote:
Sigafoos wrote:
One of these years.

Anyone from MI going?

Yessir...Macomb Twp in the house.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
ThatFedoraGuy wrote:

Lesson one, greetings:

Bonjour = Hello (literally "good day")
Bonsoir = Good evening.
Bonne Nuit (spelling?) = good night
Salút = hi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So is it Le GenCon or La GenCon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Le Con du Gen

If it was in France, it'd be GenCannes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.