Andrew Tucker
Australia
Gawler East
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like FF so I thought I would make a little campaign game. My inspiration for this comes from a campaign game that a chap called Norm Smith did for the game panzergrenadier. Norms campaign covered the drive of the 6th panzer in the relief of Stalingrad. If you want to look at his work a google search will find it, or it might be on the pg hq site.

Looking at the nice FF maps I think they can work.

Ill update here once I've picked the starting map combination.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tucker
Australia
Gawler East
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was reading raus's panzer operations. Might have some stuff to work with. First a russian attack on the 6th pz deploying off a railway line. Then a russian tank attack on a town. Might try a couple of scenarios first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the Grossdeutschland division was in Rzhev during the operation to relieve Stalingrad. Are you planning on creating new counters and rules, or just using the Grossdeutschland counters and rules to create some other formation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tucker
Australia
Gawler East
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No I'll use the current counters. Unless I'm wrong I'm not sure that the GD was much better than a fresh pz divison like the 6th was at stalingrad. Later in the war maybe, late 42 not so sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no idea. I just know the game was crafted with that unit in mind. I am not sure how much different the formation actually was from your standard line units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tucker
Australia
Gawler East
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have done some more reading. There seems to be plenty of material for scenarios for the GD at this time. There was a russian counterattack the day after the max and moritz scenario. Plus heaps more. Might work on max and moritz II first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Clemente
California
flag msg tools
Here the truceless armies yet / Trample, rolled in blood and sweat; / They kill and kill and never die; / And I think that each is I. // None will part us, none undo / The knot that makes one flesh of two, /
badge
Sick with hatred, sick with pain, / Strangling -- When shall we be slain? // When shall I be dead and rid / Of the wrong my father did? / How long, how long, till spade and hearse / Puts to sleep my mother's curse?
mbmbmbmbmb
skippy01 wrote:
I have done some more reading. There seems to be plenty of material for scenarios for the GD at this time. There was a russian counterattack the day after the max and moritz scenario. Plus heaps more. Might work on max and moritz II first.

I appreciate the fidelity of each scenario to the historical actions, and I also began to look for books and sources that described other company- & platoon-level actions.

Would you mind posting the sources that you found useful here? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg C
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skippy01 wrote:
I like FF so I thought I would make a little campaign game. My inspiration for this comes from a campaign game that a chap called Norm Smith did for the game panzergrenadier. Norms campaign covered the drive of the 6th panzer in the relief of Stalingrad. If you want to look at his work a google search will find it, or it might be on the pg hq site.

Looking at the nice FF maps I think they can work.

Ill update here once I've picked the starting map combination.

Did you ever make a campaign game and if so, how did it work out?

Any rules/ideas you care to share?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.