Alessio Mittiga
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I have a couple of questions about movement after my first play.

Let's say I have a unit with 2 movement points and I make a free facing change as per 7.2, then I spend 1 MP to change facing again for an additional 30/60 degrees turn. Am I allowed to move the unit in a hex that costs 2 movement points as per 7.4?

If I spend my entire movement allowance to change facing to any vertex/side, can I still move the unit just one hex as per 7.4?

Thanks for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McCalpin
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a good question. Later in rule 7.4, it says, "...even if it does not have sufficient Movement Points to pay the entire cost." The key word there seems to be "entire". It seems quite wrong to allow this movement if no movement points remain: in that case the unit cannot pay any of the cost rather than simply being unable to pay the entire cost. As such, I would say the answer to your second question is "No".

The highlighting and the italicized "always" would seem to suggest that the answer to your first question is "Yes", though it is really not clearly covered by the rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McCalpin
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW, Alan Emrich of Victory Point Games does lip-syncing for Frank Chadwick (the game designer) over on consimworld.com. You might consider posting this question over there (at http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@@.1dd6e671) if you want the story more or less straight from the designer's mouth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Mittiga
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for your answer (and the consimworld link!).
My interpretation was the same as yours, I played this way in my first match.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls