Hiroki Shimizu
Japan
Anjo
Aichi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi.

I have played a solo RR session last week. Great fun!
but I have a question about 13.21 rule, perhaps due to my poor English...

=====
13.2 Confederate Supply Phase:VP
13.21...The Confederacy rolls additional die for each of the following that apply:
* The Confederacy does not control at least one of the following:Memphis, Vicksburg, New Orleans("The Mississippi").
=====

For example, Memphis fell to the Union and was not retaken during the next CSA combat phase.

On this turn, whether does the CSA player roll one die or two for war attrition on his Supply phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Evan Brooks
United States
Gainesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

piroki wrote:
Hi.

=====
13.2 Confederate Supply Phase:VP
13.21...The Confederacy rolls additional die for each of the following that apply:
* The Confederacy does not control at least one of the following:Memphis, Vicksburg, New Orleans("The Mississippi").
=====

For example, Memphis fell to the Union and was not retaken during the next CSA combat phase.

On this turn, whether does the CSA player roll one die or two for war attrition on his Supply phase?
One die, assuming that the Confederacy retains control of any of the other cities (i.e., Vicksburg, New Orleans). In effect, it is an all-or-nothing for control of the Missisippi.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hiroki Shimizu
Japan
Anjo
Aichi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really? It says "if the Confederacy does not control AT LEAST ONE of the following: Memphis, Vicksburg, New Orleans."

The Confederates in this case don't control Memphis (AT LEAST ONE) so I think the Confederates should roll two dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Evan Brooks
United States
Gainesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

SCUGrad wrote:
Really? It says "if the Confederacy does not control AT LEAST ONE of the following: Memphis, Vicksburg, New Orleans."

The Confederates in this case don't control Memphis (AT LEAST ONE) so I think the Confederates should roll two dice.
13.2 Confederate Supply Phase: VPs
13.21 In this phase, to represent the wear & tear of war, the
Confederate player rolls one die. The Confederacy rolls an additional
die for each of the following that apply:
The Confederacy does not control at least one of the following:
Memphis, Vicksburg or New Orleans (“The Mississippi”).

Please read the language carefully; they roll an additional die if they do not control at least one of the Mississippi cities. Thus, even if they lose Memphis and New Orleans, they still control AT LEAST one city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls