Michael Barker

Redondo Beach (90277)
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Why do you only gain 1 point for an un-flipped president token? Wouldn't it make it more fair if it gave you a slight larger advantage for not using it? I feel like it'd make the game a little more fair for those who aren't able to use thir randomly dealt token. At the same time I've never played with this variant, nor do I understand the math or logic behind it. Anyone able to she'd some light? Also, is flight-ban really a better/more game altering choice between the two?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan White
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In our plays (mostly 4-player), we've found that blocking someone is incredibly difficult and so where you place your routes isn't all that important. It's more about just trying to find the number you want. I purchased the Flight Ban expansion hoping it would make it easier to block. Unfortunately, due to the FB rule that you can't block the last open space in a route, it's still really difficult to block someone. I have found that they are best used for blocking specific numbers near companies I have no stake in.

I don't own the Presidents expansion and would love to hear what people think about it. Personally, I feel like having them would almost force you to focus on the president tokens you're given instead of going your own way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.