BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: SWTCG + Minis combo game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ima Meeple
Denmark
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I recently got a hold of a bunch of Star wars Miniature starters, and having enjoyed the Star Wars TCG for almost a year now, I was certain that Minis would be at least as entertaining as SWTCG. How wrong I was, this game was boring, lacked variety, and most characters seemed almost equally strong. A battle droid moving as fast as a jedi, and inflicting just as much damage, was a bit more than I was willing to sacrifice on the altar of believability.
This coupled with the fact that most my friends refuse to play the TCG, (typical Monopoly and 500 players, anything beyond that must be boring) gave me the idea to combine the 2 games.

So I did. I pretty much kept the battle system from the TCG, and moved everything to the game boards. Of 'coz a lot of cards need minor adjustments to be useable with the minis, but that's a matter of fiddling around in PaintShop Pro.

I think the outcome is actually rather good. I've actually convinced several of my friends to give it a go (they especially enjoyed deathmatch )
Of coz there's always room for improvement, and this is where you guys and gals come in. I need feedback on this game, what can be done better, what's good/bad etc.

So please download this file: http://2104.dk/stuff/swtcgm.zip

It contains 15 cards (more are coming as I make them, no battle/missionscards done yet) and the rules in .pdf

Any feedback on this game, is greatly appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.