GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,115 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Printed Resource Icon (maybe silly) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nikos Pesmatzoglou
Greece
Agios Nikolaos - Anavyssos
Attiki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SOrry if it is a silly question

When the phrase "Printed Resource Icon" appears on a card, does it mean also the "Song" you may have played on a hero or only the heroes Icon excluding any song card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not a silly question, and there is no need to apologise for asking anything on this board, ever. Unless it's about the meaning of life... my workmate keeps annoying me with that.

Anyway, 'printed resource icon' only refers to the initial state of the Hero card. If a hero gains a resource icon (e.g. by attaching a song or artefact), he/ she does not gain a second printed resource icon.

Currently, the only hero that can(situationally) have two printed resource icons is Oin (Hobbit: On the Doorstep).

Edit: Corrected about Oin (see FAQ quote below).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Pesmatzoglou
Greece
Agios Nikolaos - Anavyssos
Attiki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I though it to be the other way. It makes things a bit more difficult for a deck I had in mind

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
Zwerg wrote:

Currently, the only hero that can(situationally) have two printed resource icons is Oin (Hobbit: On the Doorstep).

He does not gain a printed icon from his game text. A printed icon means one that is printed on the bottom corner of the card. Any game text which gives icons will not be considered "Printed" even if it is actually printed on the card in question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kamakaze wrote:
Zwerg wrote:

He does not gain a printed icon from his game text. A printed icon means one that is printed on the bottom corner of the card. Any game text which gives icons will not be considered "Printed" even if it is actually printed on the card in question.

Are you certain about this? I remember a discussion on this in which we agreed about this being the case of a printed icon.

Edit: Actually, it would make complete sense to treat Oin's card text the same way as any other card that would be attached to him. Thanks for the correction!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Wilson
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's also on page 11 of the latest FAQ:

Q: When Oin (OtD 4) gains the tactics resource icon from his ability, does that count as the "printed" tactics resource icon?

A: No. The "printed" resource icon always refers to the icon that appears in the Resource Icon space as identified on page 8 in the rulebook
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Printed = ink on cardboard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Stark
msg tools
Zwerg wrote:

I don't know if this was released when you posted this, but gandalf (hero) can have all printed resource icons. It explicitly says "gandalf is considered to have the printed resource icons". This is only the case while playing cards from the top of your deck, however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.