T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering whether you can use multiple bonus action blue chits in a single turn? The rules seem to imply both possibilities at different points. At one point, the rules say that you get an additional action for each action chit used, which would imply you could use multiple on a single turn. However, at another point, the rules say that you get a third action for using an action chit, which might imply that you can only use a maximum of one per turn. Any thoughts?

On an unrelated note, does the bonus house for the Builder role come from your supply or quarry? I realize some of these rules questions have been asked before on BGG, but I just want to double-check and get confirmation, as long as I'm asking the first question, for the first time I think.

Also, is there any rule specifically prohibiting the Wandering Monk from walking back and forth across the same path repeatedly to distribute money to an ally?

Finally, can you choose to not do an action and have everyone get 2 gold from the bank, or do you have to be unable to do the action?

Thanks, I'm really enjoying this game a lot after the first couple plays!

meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stven Carlberg
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Last page of the rules, fifth sentence in 11.2.3 Using Action Chits: "Only 1 action chit per player turn may be used."

Happens I just played Maharaja tonight for the first time in what seemed like ages! Still a good game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rene Wiersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
> However, at another point, the rules say that you get a third action for using an action chit, which might imply that you can only use a maximum of one per turn. Any thoughts?

You may use one bonus action per turn maximum.

> On an unrelated note, does the bonus house for the Builder role come from your supply or quarry?

From supply.

> Also, is there any rule specifically prohibiting the Wandering Monk from walking back and forth across the same path repeatedly to distribute money to an ally?

No, there isn't a rule prohibiting that. There has been a heated debate here on the 'Geek on how to "fix" this. Luckily, in my group that isn't necessary, but in a different group, with different game playing mores, it might be necessary to implement such a fix. I think the simplest rule is to not allow the player to visit the same city twice in one trip (ie. between two sub-actions). That way it is still possible to favor one player over another, which I believe is integral to the ability of the monk, but you can't abuse the monk's ability to give one player an endless supply of money.

> Finally, can you choose to not do an action and have everyone get 2 gold from the bank, or do you have to be unable to do the action?

I believe the rules say that if you don't execute an action, because you do not want to take that action or because you are unable to take that action, all the other players receive 2 gold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Stven and René for your quick replies. I'm really looking forward to trying this game out again soon, and with all the correct rules this time.

meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kalle wong
Sweden
göteborg
västergötland
flag msg tools
Why would anybody wants to give money to another player?
it just about take all the meaning of the game ?

//kalle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kalle,

Well maybe two people could make an alliance and keep giving each other extraordinary amounts of money, thereby destroying the other 3 people in a five-person game. Wouldn't be very fair, but would be mutually beneficial.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kalle wong
Sweden
göteborg
västergötland
flag msg tools
well in a tournament that is maybe a thing to do if there are 2 people that is going along to the final. otherwise there would be no fun playing with those people. but yes that is truth. we have played the game a couple of times and it seems that there usually isn't this problem. sence we all wants to be number one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.