Subject: What do you read (or not) on BGG? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
E&E's Spellenmolen
Belgium
Meerhout
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a lot to read here on BGG: geeklist, forums, blogs, reviews, profiles, ..

Actually I mostly prefer geeklist above forum-posts. But I find myself reading only those text which deal with games I'm interested in.. I prefer adding some pictures to make the reading more enjoyable.

I would like to start a blog one of these days but I'm interested in what you guys like to read on BGG.

It's kinda stupid to write a blog when nobody likes to read it

Shoot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
Microbadge: I am a Live Action Spam HunterMicrobadge: It's not over 'til it's overMicrobadge: Thumbs up says 'I Love You' in that icky BGG kinda way.Microbadge: Chaotic GoodMicrobadge: I love Europe
I treat geeklists like Magazines. A once a week flick through. If I find one I like I'll take part for a few days.

I generally look at threads in game records which I'm subscribed to or thinking of buying.

Occasionally I'll come across a thread in a game forum that I'm interested in and will subscribe; these tend to be news on some sort of issue related to that game.

I'm subscribed to 'new user questions', 'bgg how to' and will regularly look at 'design forum threads'.

When it comes to blogs I'll occasionally click through a couple in the same style as geeklists. I'll follow ones when I like the bloggers writing style or particular focus.

I think if your writing a blog in part you need to do it for the love of writing and documenting stuff - if you get an audience that's a bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
β€œIt's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
Microbadge: "Made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs."Microbadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: English syntax to Jedi not important is!Microbadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: Rebellion fan
I guess it depends on how interesting your blog will be.

I subscribed to too many games, so I have a lot of posts in my subscription list, which I usually read. There are some blogs and I browse daily through the new Geeklists and various forums which are of interest to me. Like this Community forum meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls