Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As we are coming closer to Spiel, I'm curious to find out.

Earlier this year/late last year, I believe I read either here or over on CarcassonneCentral that someone talked to the designer at an event and was told there would be a expansion and a stand-alone spin-off coming this year. So far, nothing has been revealed yet, but I wonder if this is still on for this year. Maybe someone knows, or has new information?

Can't wait for more Carcassonne!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott VM
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Connor,

If you're looking for more information on upcoming releases, I suggest heading over to Carcassonne Central.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vandesc wrote:
Hi Connor,

If you're looking for more information on upcoming releases, I suggest heading over to Carcassonne Central.
Well, without meaning to sound rude,

what's the harm in asking here?

Also, I'm kinda done with CC to be honest. The site is either down, or there are hardly any new posts. I check the site every now and then, but visit BGG just more often. That's why I asked here.

But, if there is any information on upcoming releases, would you mind terribly to share it here as well? meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott VM
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No offense taken.

The BGG forums are organized per game/expansion, so this particular forum is for talking about the Carcassonne base game. Talking about future releases is outside the scope.

Your comments about CarcCentral being down are not entirely fair. I'll certainly take the blame for the downtime last month, because that was due to my own actions, but the previous long period of downtime last winter was entirely due to circumstances beyond our control. Your statement that "the site is either down..." makes it seem like this is regular problem, which is not true.

As for "hardly any new posts", what have you done to rectify that? If everyone took the same attitude as you, nobody would ever post. If you want to see more activity at CarcCentral, reply to other people's threads and start threads of your own.

If we shared everything on here, what incentive would there be for people to go to CarcCentral? That being said, my intention is not to steal people away from BGG. CarcCentral serves a very specific purpose, while BGG serves a broader purpose. I encourage members of CarcCentral to be active on BGG as well. My reason for suggesting that you pose questions regarding upcoming releases on CarcCentral rather than BGG is because you're more likely to get an answer on CarcCentral. We have worked very hard over the past 12 months to build a strong relationship with Hans-im-Glueck and part of that relationship has included advance information. This allows us to be among the first to report on new things, but also burdens us with a great responsibility to not reveal information too early. With regards to the release of information, I must defer to our official liaison, Kettlefish. She will publicize information on CarcCentral and Carcassonne-Forum when Hans-im-Glueck determines that it is appropriate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hisala Mander
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify is there usually a forum that the normal visitors can see with all these exclusive details (and therefore could mirror/link it here)

Or is this more for the upper echelons who know about it (and therefore the pre-knowledge doesn't impact reg visitors)

To be fair in the last six months there has been one massive shutdown of the website and a small one last month

Signed
A prospective (but discerning) carccentral signup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kettle Fish
msg tools
Homepage Hans-im-Glück Verlag:
Carcassonne - Grundspiel

Please look in the box "Foren".
There you can find the forums for Carcassonne.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kettle Fish
msg tools
Carcassonne Südsee - the new stand-alone-game - this autumn 2013

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Mango
United Kingdom
Cowes
Isle of Wight
flag msg tools
That's going to happen, I don't think.
badge
Will I shut the holy hell up?
Microbadge: This mango is off!Microbadge: Mark Rothko fanMicrobadge: I wish I could draw!Microbadge: Paul Klee fanMicrobadge: Question
kettlefish wrote:
A standalone? Surely Carcassonne needs new expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kettlefish wrote:

Oh...nice to know! Thanks!

Hopefully it will be an Essen release?

I also received an e-mail from Spielbox that next issue will have a Carcassonne expansion, but I'm assuming it will be Windrose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kettle Fish
msg tools
Hi Khonnor,

at Spiel 2013 in Essen you will find it.

The Windroses - The CundCo Shop - Spiel 2013 in Essen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls