Popular Tags: [View All]
Juan Valle
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Folks,

Maybe this is a silly question, but anyway it happened during a session of PF I had last month...

Can the USMC squads deploy its Security Element during turn 1? since the Squads start in the C location of each one of the 9 black zones, can they detach the SE before assaulting the suspect markers there?

I think the answer is yes, but I tried that in the last month session and it delayed the USMC advance quite a bit; not until turn 4 the USMC were able to secure the whole black zones, and it caused the advance line was uneven, with some squads going further than others...at the end it allowed an infiltration against the USMC, and the game was lost.

Thanks in advance, folks!

Jumval

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Robinson
United States
Neptune City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, as long as you have the movement points available to detach and are in a "C" or "R" location, you can detach a Security Element.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O B
United States
Mountainview
California
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: Root fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: The Clone Wars fan - Ahsoka TanoMicrobadge: Battlestar Galactica fanMicrobadge: "Make It So!" - Captain Jean Luc PicardMicrobadge: Steven Universe fan
Odd, didn't expect that answer.

Does that mean that USMC units in their initial locations are also subject to a defensive fire check before the assault phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Valle
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far I know, the defensive fire check at the black zones (initial, starting zones) does not apply since the USMC units are already there; the defensive fire check happens whenever an USMC unit enters either a C or OG location during the game; it also applies when the IIF units enter the zone 26 (mosque) and there are either insurgents and/or suspect markers there.

The only reason why I could see as to justify the use of security elements in the starting zones is to avoid the guerrillas to evade and then take positions in other zones, reinforcing those...

I tried on a session last month and the problem was that it delayed way too much the USMC advance; at the end I lost such a game.

Jumval

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O B
United States
Mountainview
California
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: Root fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: The Clone Wars fan - Ahsoka TanoMicrobadge: Battlestar Galactica fanMicrobadge: "Make It So!" - Captain Jean Luc PicardMicrobadge: Steven Universe fan
Yeah, it's odd. There are times when I'm happy to let the enemy slip away if I feel like I've got a decent momentum going on VPs...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
laurent Closier
France
SAINT-BRIEUC
flag msg tools
mbmb
Jumval wrote:
As far I know, the defensive fire check at the black zones (initial, starting zones) does not apply since the USMC units are already there; the defensive fire check happens whenever an USMC unit enters either a C or OG location during the game
Good answer ! Thanks
laurent

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls