Subject: recomindations for similair games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
binyamin zalzman
Israel
beit-el
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
can some one give me recomindations for other games that have similarities to boomtown?
i mean simple and easy to learn game flow
some luck and strategy
and some nice players interaction
some nasty cards but not to much and no take that mechanic
also nice and colorfull components
and money in the game , some bidiiing but not to much or to heavy calculations
this game works great forr me with vhildren ages 8 - 14
and i am looking for more like this
thanks in advance
binyamin zalzman

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: The Legend of Zelda fan - full heart containerMicrobadge: The Legend of Zelda fan - full heart containerMicrobadge: The Legend of Zelda fan - full heart containerMicrobadge: The Legend of Zelda fan - half-full heart containerMicrobadge: Rush fan
You're not going to find all those things in one game, but maybe try:
Rheinländer - looks like a serious boardgame, but actually very light with very fast turns, and plenty of luck with card draws
Ra - turns couldn't be simpler or faster, but a bit of complexity in scoring
Colossal Arena
Pergamon - the theme doesn't scream 'FUN' like Boomtown, but there is an interesting bidding-like system, and enough luck
Suburbia - no bidding, but a tiered pricing model that has a similar feel. Lots of buildings that do different stuff and combine in interesting ways, much more so than Boomtown; currently between printings, at least in USA
Jamaica - not very similar, to be honest, but great theme, also lightweight, lots of luck, great art, great with kids & adults together, scales to 6 (better with at least 4)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Saunders
United States
Baytown
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Test
Go with most any Spiel des Jahres recommendation in the past five years or so with approximately 30 minutes of playing time you won't be disappointed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls