Subject: Lost Legions PBF #6 Team vs. One Druid Nights rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
Microbadge: JewishMicrobadge: John LockeMicrobadge: Splendor fanMicrobadge: Mage Knight Board Game fanMicrobadge: Science Teacher
DaviddesJ wrote:
The common rule seems to be, I can view your cards in your discard pile, between the time you discard them and when you reshuffle.
I believe that Dave is correct. It would be more of an issue if Arythea had chosen Early Bird; then the knowledge of which three cards are definitely not in Norowas' deck might (in principle) affect Arythea's plays on turn one. With Norowas playing before Arythea, which 3 cards were shuffled in matters much less.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
Microbadge: JewishMicrobadge: John LockeMicrobadge: Splendor fanMicrobadge: Mage Knight Board Game fanMicrobadge: Science Teacher
From gallery of pabula

Norowas' new hand was posted to the discussion thread.
First to play on turn one:
From gallery of CMoor213

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
DaviddesJ wrote:
I'm not sure a placeholder would serve any purpose that couldn't equally be served by just editing (later) the posts that contain my actions.
I actually think that placeholder posts are a good idea. You could include a numerical code that would correspond with your private notes, and update them later when you feel that the information would no longer affect the play of the game. I somehow consider this to be more elegant than updating posts containing orders. Just my opinion.

IMHO, it is hard to imagine that the existence of a placeholder post could actually affect the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Srinivasan
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Statistics fanMicrobadge: Race for the Galaxy fanMicrobadge: Burning Wheel RPG fanMicrobadge: Dominion fanMicrobadge: Mage Knight Board Game fan
External image

Play March with a GREEN die for Move 4.
Play Improvisation discarding Crystallize for Move 3.
Move NW, NE, NE to the glade.

End turn.
reroll GREEN die: 1mkd[{image}] -> ( Black) -> (
From gallery of BoardGameGeek
) [+]

Mark the glade.
Draw 3 cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 391967. GreedyAlgorithm
  • 1mkd[{image}] =
  • ( Black) =
  • (iid:1554405)
  • reroll g{GREEN}g die:
  • Wed Jul 3, 2013 6:07 am
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
From gallery of pabula

The source:
From gallery of CMoor213
From gallery of CMoor213
From gallery of CMoor213

Stolen by Arythea:
From gallery of CMoor213

Next player:
From gallery of CMoor213

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Titan fanMicrobadge: Galaxy Trucker fanMicrobadge: Fan of the old BGG layout!Microbadge: Dual of Ages II fanMicrobadge: Mage Knight Board Game Fan
From gallery of CMoor213

Meh. Looks like I might manage to lose very quickly, again. If we're going to go to all of the trouble to set this up, I should play better.

March = Move 2.
Stamina = Move 2.
Move NW, NE to village.
End of Turn.
Draw 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
From gallery of pabula

From gallery of MikePustilnik

From gallery of MikePustilnik

Next up:
From gallery of CMoor213

Correction: The glade that Norowas is in should have Norowas' shield.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
DaviddesJ wrote:
Meh. Looks like I might manage to lose very quickly, again. If we're going to go to all of the trouble to set this up, I should play better.
We?

I
went through all the trouble of setting this up! All you had to do was send in bad orders. That isn't all that difficult!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Titan fanMicrobadge: Galaxy Trucker fanMicrobadge: Fan of the old BGG layout!Microbadge: Dual of Ages II fanMicrobadge: Mage Knight Board Game Fan
I didn't really look carefully enough at the start position. If one player is going to play against a team, maybe you need one who has fewer distractions; I've got a lot of things going on right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
I have said all along that playing against a team is very tough. There is a lot of strategy in the game, and even an expert player should lose to a team of expert players most of the time.

I hope you know that my last post was a joke, not criticism!
Besides, this game is not over yet, it is only round 1 turn 2!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Bulacz
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization fanMicrobadge: Mage Knight Board Game fanMicrobadge: Uwe Rosenberg fanMicrobadge: StarCraft: The Board Game fanMicrobadge: Dungeon Lords fan
Mike, is the map missing our shield, or is marking the glade part of the turn and we post it in wrong place? devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berry
United States
Denver
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I use free shipping as an excuse to buy more gamesMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars fanMicrobadge: The Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild fanMicrobadge: Gizmos fanMicrobadge: I play with yellow!
The team forgot to mark the glade (it wasn't stated that we marked it) so it is unmarked at the moment.

stupid read on cooldown again... shakeshakeshake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
No, the team remembered to mark the glade, I forgot to do it. My bad. I will correct it in the next update.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
pabula wrote:
Mike, is the map missing our shield, or is marking the glade part of the turn and we post it in wrong place? devil
You mean, did I not place the shield because Guy typed the "Mark the glade" order after he rerolled the source die?

The rules say, "when ending your movement on a magical glade, you may activate it - . . ." so technically Guy should have typed that order before the source reroll. But it would be absurd of me to deny Norowas his shield on that basis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
pabula wrote:
Hey, Pawel it's your turn in PBF #4! You need to take your turn so Wolfhawk can continue her glorious march to victory
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Srinivasan
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Statistics fanMicrobadge: Race for the Galaxy fanMicrobadge: Burning Wheel RPG fanMicrobadge: Dominion fanMicrobadge: Mage Knight Board Game fan
External image

Provoke Ironclad Orcs
Use Gold token from glade + Determination for Block 5
Use White Die + Swiftness for Ranged Attack 3
Use Rage for Attack 2
Play Rejuvenate sideways for Attack 1

+4 Fame +1 Rep

Level Up: skill options First two unique: 6d10 = (1 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 1 + 3) = 12

1 Bonds of Loyalty
2 Bright Negotiation
3 Day Sharpshooting
4 Forward March
5 Inspiration
6 Leadership
7 Leaves in the Wind
8 Motivation (N)
9 Prayer of Weather
10 Whisper in Treetops

End turn.
White rolls to 1custom6{iid:1197625;iid:1197624;iid:1197623;iid:1197622;iid:1197621;iid:1197620} -> ( iid:1197625) -> (
From gallery of CMoor213
) [+]

Choose a skill and an Advanced Action.
Draw 4 cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 392351. GreedyAlgorithm
  • 6d10 =
  • (1 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 1 + 3) =
  • First two unique:
  • Wed Jul 3, 2013 7:14 pm
  • [+]
  • 392352. GreedyAlgorithm
  • 1custom6{iid:1197625;iid:1197624;iid:1197623;iid:1197622;iid:1197621;iid:1197620} =
  • ( iid:1197625) =
  • ( iid:1197625)
  • White rolls to
  • Wed Jul 3, 2013 7:14 pm
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
MikePustilnik wrote:
The rules say, "when ending your movement on a magical glade, you may activate it - . . ." so technically Guy should have typed that order before the source reroll. But it would be absurd of me to deny Norowas his shield on that basis.
Somehow, the chance of them leaving the glade this turn and therefore suffering from this oversight seems remote.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Srinivasan
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
External image

Choose Ice Bolt and Bonds of Loyalty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Srinivasan
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
DaviddesJ wrote:
MikePustilnik wrote:
Somehow, the chance of them leaving the glade this turn and therefore suffering from this oversight seems remote.
I thought it was at the end of turn, whoops. Anyway the glade is totally marked now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
MikePustilnik wrote:
I have said all along that playing against a team is very tough. There is a lot of strategy in the game, and even an expert player should lose to a team of expert players most of the time.

I hope you know that my last post was a joke, not criticism!
Besides, this game is not over yet, it is only round 1 turn 2!
It feels pretty much over to me. I don't think it's impossible, in principle, to play as an individual against a team. It just doesn't work if I take a few minutes to glance at the position and then post something before running out the door. I probably had the advantage at start (although I underestimated how Norowas is better in this scenario, for a couple of reasons) but my tactics choice was just wrong and really pissed it away.

I'm tempted to bail and call this an idea that didn't really work. But I don't want to be a poor sport.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
From gallery of CMoor213

If I'm going to play on, I'd better

Plunder the Village.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
My suggestion is that we complete the round. I will then post the score, and we can evaluate the situation then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
From gallery of pabula

Whoa!! Slow down there, Arythea! The Council has business to take care of first. You can plunder the meager possessions away from the impoverished villagers later!

Red Cape Monks and Scouts enter the Unit Offer.
Ritual Attack enters the AA Offer.

Okay. Business completed. Plunder away!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
From gallery of pabula

Both Arythea and Norowas have received their new cards.
Next player:
From gallery of CMoor213

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
MikePustilnik wrote:
From gallery of pabula

Whoa!! Slow down there, Arythea! The Council has business to take care of first. You can plunder the meager possessions away from the impoverished villagers later!
Actually, I don't have to wait, the rules say I can plunder at any time. So there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] |