Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Titan fanMicrobadge: Galaxy Trucker fanMicrobadge: Fan of the old BGG layout!Microbadge: Dual of Ages II fanMicrobadge: Mage Knight Board Game Fan
From gallery of CMoor213

Oh, Red Cape Monks! That changes everything!

Or not. There's really only one way to play this. I'm surprised you didn't take Pure Magic. Let's see what tricks you (think you) have up your sleeve.

Mana Pull + (white die) = set 2 black to 2 red; gain 2 red mana tokens.
Swiftness = Move 2.
Tranquility (sideways) = Move 1.
Move NE.
Attack Norowas.

Do you want to fully attend, with no dice in the Source?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Srinivasan
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Statistics fanMicrobadge: Race for the Galaxy fanMicrobadge: Burning Wheel RPG fanMicrobadge: Dominion fanMicrobadge: Mage Knight Board Game fan
External image

Partially attend. Pass on Ranged Attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Titan fanMicrobadge: Galaxy Trucker fanMicrobadge: Fan of the old BGG layout!Microbadge: Dual of Ages II fanMicrobadge: Mage Knight Board Game Fan
[q="DaviddesJ"]
From gallery of CMoor213

Swiftness = Move 2.
Move NE.
Attack Norowas.
Norowas partially attends.
Norowas passes on ranged attack.

Arythea passes on ranged attack.
Battle Versatility + red token = Attack 4.
Determination = Attack 2.
Improvisation + red token + Threaten = Attack 5.
Total = Attack 11.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
So, according to a strict reading of the rules, because I ended my movement on the magical glade I can erase Norowas's mark and place my own? I don't know what would happen if he fully attended: does he immediately "end his movement" when he decides to fully attend? Or does he not have any movement at all? I don't think this is likely to matter, but perhaps we should get a definitive answer on exactly what the rule is? Marking at the end of turn (in which case you can only be in the space if you are the only hero in the space) would make more sense to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
MikePustilnik wrote:
IMHO, it is hard to imagine that the existence of a placeholder post could actually affect the game.
Is this more or less information then I get by counting the replies in the team discussion thread? ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Srinivasan
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Statistics fanMicrobadge: Race for the Galaxy fanMicrobadge: Burning Wheel RPG fanMicrobadge: Dominion fanMicrobadge: Mage Knight Board Game fan
I thought of making tons of posts before turn 1 to prevent leaks but decided it would be annoying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Srinivasan
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
External image

Play Mana Draw and March sideways for Block 2

To Arythea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
Aw c'mon, you wanted to be knocked out, you know it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Srinivasan
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
DaviddesJ wrote:
Aw c'mon, you wanted to be knocked out, you know it.
I am going to break the rules of the discussion thread by posting the beginning of the discussion thread here:

Quote:
Please do not discuss anything in this thread outside this thread!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
But, since I don't know what's in the discussion thread, I can speak freely. cool

I'm going to bed now, will assign damage in the morning. Seems pretty clear that I am going to do 3 Wounds and push you NW or E, but I'm not sure which.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
Microbadge: JewishMicrobadge: John LockeMicrobadge: Splendor fanMicrobadge: Mage Knight Board Game fanMicrobadge: Science Teacher
DaviddesJ wrote:
So, according to a strict reading of the rules, because I ended my movement on the magical glade I can erase Norowas's mark and place my own? I don't know what would happen if he fully attended: does he immediately "end his movement" when he decides to fully attend? Or does he not have any movement at all? I don't think this is likely to matter, but perhaps we should get a definitive answer on exactly what the rule is? Marking at the end of turn (in which case you can only be in the space if you are the only hero in the space) would make more sense to me.
From gallery of pabula

The exact quote from the scenario rules is:
"When ending your movement on a magical glade, you may activate it - mark the glade with your shield token."
It seems to me that the intent of the rules is to allow a hero to mark a glade at the end of movement and to use that glade immediately in an incantation if it is a night turn. But what happens if there is a PvP in a glade hex? In this case, Arythea ended her movement in the glade when she attacked Norowas, so Arythea gets to replace Norowas' shield with her own.

It is not clear if a hero has a right to mark a glade if that hero does not get a movement phase for some reason. (The hero was the defender in a PvP, or gave up his or her movement phase to take a rest turn).

I propose we interpret the rules as follows:
1. A hero who ends his or her movement in a glade may choose to mark it (or not) at the end of movement. The hero could then perform the incantation (if otherwise allowed to do so) with that mark counting.
Simply moving through a glade hex does not entitle a hero to mark it.

2. A hero may mark a glade if he or she takes a rest turn (standard or exhaustion) in that glade (even though he or she did not get a movement phase).

3. If a hero gives up his or her turn to declare the end of the round, that hero may not mark a glade in that turn.

4. If there is a PvP in a glade hex, the winner (the hero that ends his or her turn in the glade) may choose to mark it.

Is interpretation acceptable to Dave and the team? If not, we can discuss it further and/or try to get an official ruling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
These rules are fine with me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
Are all six countryside glade tiles in play? Including #13 from the expansion? So there are six glade tiles and only two non-glade tiles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
Microbadge: JewishMicrobadge: John LockeMicrobadge: Splendor fanMicrobadge: Mage Knight Board Game fanMicrobadge: Science Teacher
DaviddesJ wrote:
Are all six countryside glade tiles in play? Including #13 from the expansion? So there are six glade tiles and only two non-glade tiles?
Yes, this is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Bulacz
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization fanMicrobadge: Mage Knight Board Game fanMicrobadge: Uwe Rosenberg fanMicrobadge: StarCraft: The Board Game fanMicrobadge: Dungeon Lords fan
MikePustilnik wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:
Yes, this is correct.
And did you already picked those 2 non-glade tiles or are you drawing from full tiles deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
pabula wrote:
And did you already picked those 2 non-glade tiles or are you drawing from full tiles deck?
I put all the countryside non-glade tiles in a stack, and shuffled them face down, and selected two of them at random. I then combined those two tiles with the 6 countryside glade tiles. I shuffled this stack of 8 tiles face down. The top two became part of the starting map (randomly oriented). The other 6 tiles are in a stack, waiting to be drawn (and randomly oriented) as the heroes explore the map. When all 8 countryside tiles are in play, two core tiles will become available for exploration (the green city, and one other at random).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Srinivasan
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
pabula wrote:
MikePustilnik wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:
Yes, this is correct.
How does that matter? Random's random.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
[q="DaviddesJ"][q="DaviddesJ"]
From gallery of CMoor213

Round 1 Turn 2
Swiftness = Move 2.
Move NE.
Attack Norowas.
Norowas partially attends.
Norowas passes on ranged attack.
Arythea passes on ranged attack.
Battle Versatility + red token = Attack 4.
Determination = Attack 2.
Improvisation + red token + Threaten = Attack 5.
Total = Attack 11.
Norowas plays Mana Draw (sideways) + March (sideways) = Block 2.

Inflict 3 Wounds on Norowas.
Push Norowas NW.
Gain 3 Fame (2 total).
Mark glade (remove Norowas mark).
End of Turn.
Reroll Source: New source 1mk -> ( Green) -> ( Green)
Draw 5 cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 393051. DaviddesJ
  • 1mk =
  • ( Green) =
  • ( Green)
  • New source
  • Thu Jul 4, 2013 9:14 pm
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
From gallery of pabula

From gallery of MikePustilnik

From gallery of MikePustilnik

Next player:
From gallery of CMoor213

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
I won't claim to be winning, but I no longer feel so far behind that I think I have to give up. kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Srinivasan
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
External image

Play Ice Bolt for a BLUE crystal.
Play Stamina with a BLUE crystal for Move 4.
Explore NW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
I guess you wish you kept March rather than Stamina, huh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
On the bright side, you've got 2/36 of finding a forest glade right next to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
From gallery of pabula

Tile 7, rotated 1d6 x 60 degress clockwise . . .
1d6 = (1) = 1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 393166. MikePustilnik
  • 1d6 =
  • (1) =
  • Fri Jul 5, 2013 9:55 am
Pawel Bulacz
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization fanMicrobadge: Mage Knight Board Game fanMicrobadge: Uwe Rosenberg fanMicrobadge: StarCraft: The Board Game fanMicrobadge: Dungeon Lords fan
DaviddesJ wrote:
On the bright side, you've got 2/36 of finding a forest glade right next to you.
Always look on the bright side of life!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] |