GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,365 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Neomaxim Noefaith
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds, from its description as a last batch of products already roughly in development when Dust transitioned, as they make a point to say this ends the Zverograd cycle before the world shifts to a "VERY DIFFERENT" location.

Sounds interesting.

Based on the product names... my biggest excitement comes from the idea of strong-points, and.... dare I say.... Infantry3 SSU squads???

On a slightly down note... not a single mention of Dust Warfare in sight, which troubles me.

http://www.gf9.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Mueller
Germany
Schwerte
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice find. I'm also a little bit anxious about Dust Warfare.

I'm sure they will publish SOMETHING eventually. It doesn't have a huge player base, but the necessary workload from the publisher's side is so small, they would be stupid NOT to continue.

I'm not even expecting a major overhaul of the core rules (although it would be nice).. all I need is a small Warfare campaign book parallel to every Tactics book for the stats of the new units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Corby
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Operation Achilles looks a little lackluster for the Warfare players. It seems to have the 2 heroes from the original Dust Tactics core set, but in a new mold. It also contains another Axis hero as yet unidentified. And if they raise the price as they were alluding to on the Dust Studios website, they may price the warfare community out of buying this Operation set as most serious players have 2 of those 3 heroes already.

Now the other stuff looks great. Another Axis jet, I'm all over that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The SSU will get Soldier 4 infantry, pretty much mini-walkers. (Image from dust-devils.com).

As for Warfare, BF are apparently hard at work on getting the next book out, but don't want to rush the job. I agree that a teaser would be nice, though.

I'm looking forward to Achilles. Sigrid and Joe are new figures with new stats (see gf9.com for the Tactics cards), and Der Blitz, the Axis laser jet, is awesome. My poor wallet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Japan
Saitama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Steel Guard for SSU look absolutely awesome! Somewhat of a mix between the Colossus from AT-43 and their original inspiration - the MaK troopers.

The sniper/ant-tank rifle ones especially look brilliant! I'm also curious about the guy with the twin DPMKs. Perhaps a part of the command unit?

In any case, I'm very happy to see these as the last few release for the SSU have (for me) not been all that interesting. I'll get a platoon worth of Steel Guard though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Japan
Saitama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The units in wave 8.3, scheduled for October. Looking good!
Besides the heavy SSU infantry the four legged walker looks awesome!

And to reiterate: the Gale Force 9 page is really the place to look for Dust Warfare/Tactics news until they get the new Dust site together. Lots of pictures and stats for the new units and bunkers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
Dang, those new Allied walkers are almost making me wish I hadn't dropped the Allies in favor of a SSU force.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
braveheart101 wrote:
Dang, those new Allied walkers are almost making me wish I hadn't dropped the Allies in favor of a SSU force.

Really? You get those badass SSU guys. I think they Allied walkers look pretty lame.

/Allies player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Japan
Saitama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattador Actual wrote:
braveheart101 wrote:

Really? You get those badass SSU guys. I think they Allied walkers look pretty lame.

/Allies player.

Really?! I think it looks great. Sure, the flat front is kind of odd but I can look past that seeing as we have walking tanks in the first place. Haha!

As an allied player you might be interested to hear that these new turrets will be sold separately from Dust Models and fit on Tamiya`s 1/48 Pershing perfectly. Also, Paolo has said that they will come with both Dust Tactics and Dust Warfare cards! He seem to imply that Warfare cards will be in all boxes in the future (although not in wave 8 if you look at the pictures at GF9).

Anyway, tanks:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.