Hide
6 Posts

Eclipse» Forums » Rules

Subject: How to convert population cubes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Magnus Axelsson
msg tools
I don't understand the rules about how to convert population cubes 2:1.

The rulebook says on page 24: Trade At any time, you may convert 2 units of one Resource (Money, Science or Materials) to 1 unit of any other.

I don't understand how, exactly this is done.

Lets say I need more money (ie remove one population cube from the money track?). How do I use 2 building cubes to get 1 money? (Some alien races need 3:1 when trading.

Do I remove one money cube and the cover two building cubes? Then I need extra cubes to cover an extra space on my building track ..?

What I'm I missing here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
Ireland
Sligo
Sligo
flag msg tools
Changed the outfit.
badge
Hope you didn't get too confused!
Microbadge: Agie Games fanMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level IV - The journey of a thousand crits begins with a single roll...Microbadge: Botanists fanMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level V - My God! It's Full of Stars!Microbadge: Kung fu
You don't use the cubes but the counters that keep track of your resources. So if you have your brown counter on 10 (materials) you can discount 2 to increas your money counter (orange) by one.

It's the counters that you use on the track running along the edge of your player reference board, not the population cubes.

Hope this helped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Container fanMicrobadge: Train GamerMicrobadge: Splotter fanMicrobadge: Imperial fanMicrobadge: Chicago Express fan
You adjust the resource cubes along the side of your board that count the amount of that resource you have not the population cubes that track your income.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hogetoorn
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Golden Board Game Collector
maglet wrote:
I don't understand the rules about how to convert population cubes 2:1.

The rulebook says on page 24: Trade At any time, you may convert 2 units of one Resource (Money, Science or Materials) to 1 unit of any other.

I don't understand how, exactly this is done.

Lets say I need more money (ie remove one population cube from the money track?). How do I use 2 building cubes to get 1 money? (Some alien races need 3:1 when trading.

Do I remove one money cube and the cover two building cubes? Then I need extra cubes to cover an extra space on my building track ..?

What I'm I missing here?
It's not about the small cubes, but it has to do with paying. So if you have for example 4 science and 5 money and you need 7 money, you can pay 4 science to replace 2 money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Axelsson
msg tools
Ah, yes, the population cubes are just for income. It's clear now - tnx for all help and good examples!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
neko flying
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
Microbadge: War of the Ring fan - Free PeoplesMicrobadge: Eclipse fanMicrobadge: Magic Realm fanMicrobadge: Conquest of Paradise fanMicrobadge: M.U.L.E. The Board Game fan
maglet wrote:
Ah, yes, the population cubes are just for income. It's clear now - tnx for all help and good examples! :)
Exactly. There are ways to "trade cubes", but they are tricky. For example:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/832483/grey-planet-hopping-t...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls