GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,304 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Primordial Soup: Freshly Spiced» Forums » Rules

Subject: Go out with a bang rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robbert Labij
msg tools
Yesterday we played a game where the second player (in descending order) held the gene "Go out with a bang". When one of her amoebas died, we noticed the rule that states that dying takes place in descending order. That would mean that an amoeba of the first player would not be removed from the board that round, even if it just got it's second damagepoint. Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Smeltzer
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My rulebook doesn't say deaths happen in descending order. I would suggest it makes more sense if the amoebas die in the round they take the second damage point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbert Labij
msg tools
You are right, the ruleboook doesn't say anything about the order of deaths, but the referencecard does (both 3/4 player and 5/6 player version). Because this is more detailed, we ruled that deaths take place in descending order. My wife was very disappointed, Go out with a Bang was not so much fun anymore.

The order of deaths can also be important if too few cubes are left to replace all dying amoebas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Smeltzer
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I say go back to when the card was fun.

You're right, I didn't think to check the cheat sheets, but I still think it makes more sense if the card can kill all other players' amoebas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The order doesn't work how you'd want it to. Such are the rules..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Smeltzer
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kelanen wrote:
The order doesn't work how you'd want it to. Such are the rules..

'Kay, then I declare this to be a variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.