- The walking speed is extremely slow. Enchantments, mods or console commands will be necessary.
- The Boots of Blinding Speed can be used to improve speed but have a blinding effect on them. 100% negate magic is required or a command pawn of Helseth's Ring.
- Quests are mixed in with journal notes. You need to click "Options" to get just the quest log (only works with Bloodmoon).
- There are no quest markers. You need to follow directions and explore. Fog or other weather effects may obscure the player's view.
- Stolen items are not marked as such. You need to keep track yourself or assume all items in civilized places are owned.
- Fast travel does not exist. You will need to pay for transport or learn the Mysticism spell to warp. The spell Mark will tag a location as a fast travel point (it can only tag one location) and Recall will teleport the player to the marked location. Almsivi Intervention transports instantly to the nearest Tribunal temple.
- Spells are not guaranteed to work to when cast and mana does not regenerate. They are more likley to fail with low skill and fatigue.
- Casting using enchanted items has no fail chance, and no hand animation. Some spell effects are not available for enchanting.
- Long Blades are very common, typically weigh the least (besides short blades) and do very good damage. Medium armor is the least common type and Unarmored is not very useful. Taking either acrobatics, athletics or both as a minor skill will help with leveling. Mysticism allows you to warp, an extremely useful tool in a world before fast travel. However, you can still fast travel by boat or stilt strider. Illusion magic is extremely useful paired with even a lackluster sneak skill. It lets you go invisible and raise a person's disposition. Alteration lets you levitate.
- A full set of daedric armor (heavy armor), including either a daedric longsword or daikatana (which weigh the same), weighs 414 units out of the 500 you get at 100 strength.
You like to dance close to the fire don't you?
"Wealth beyond measure, Outlander" - Greeting
"Dagoth Ur is dead. I hope we will no longer be troubled by his dreams. But I wonder, what the ghost of a god would be. And can a dead god dream?" - Hassour Zainsubani
"Soon it seemed that Lorkhan had a dominion of his own, with slaves and everlasting imperfections, and he seemed, for all the world, like an Aedra. Thus did he present himself as such to the demon Anui-El and the Eight Givers: as a friend." - Book
"Goodbye my darling. Think of me fondly and often. And without reaching for your knife." - Letter
What are any of my accomplishments in the whole of this world? I have seen the atrocities of war and the hideous excess of peace. There is nothing left for me in this world. - Umbra
God has no need for theory and he is armored head to toe in terror.
"Take life seriously, if taking life is your profession." - assassin
"Come, Nerevar. Friend or traitor, come. Come and look upon the Heart." -Dagoth Ur
"Farewell, sweet Nerevar. Better luck on your next incarnation." -Dagoth Ur
"I honor your independence. You are one to teach the gods their limits." -Dagoth Ur
"You want to chide me... why did I murder Nerevar? Why did I break my oath to Azura not to use Kagrenac's tools?" ―Vivec