From the back of the game box:
Sitting in the frigid waters off the Norwegian Sea, you guard the coastline and begin to plan a full-scale naval assault on the enemy. Suddenly, sensors report a hidden submarine 60 degrees port side and a fleet of enemy ships 92 degrees starboard. Knowing that the best defense is a good offense, you decide to attack. And now, armed with an arsenal of over 100 high-powered weapons, you proceed to destroy everything that stands in the way of total sea control.
Based on the original Harpoon, one of the most sophisticated and realistic contemporary war games ever developed, Harpoon Classic 97 offers two games in one: (1) strategic, modern naval warfare with 50 new missions and (2) a gateway to Harpoon On-line with free Internet play via AOL. Containing new displays, new and updated scenarios and a more intuitive approach, Harpoon Classic 97 will continue to test your growing expertise!
- Introductory quick start mode makes Harpoon Classic 97 easy to play and accessible to everyone
- Gateway to Harpoon On-line with FREE play included
- 50 new missions for a total of over 250 scenarios
- Control ships, submarines, and aircraft in four theaters of play: Greenland & Iceland/North Atlantic/Indian Ocean & Persian Gulf/Mediterranean
- Over 75 new platforms: ships, submarines, and aircraft - even units that aren't yet operational in real life such as Rafael French Fighter, FF Horizon European Frigate, and others
- Scenario editor included on CD
- Includes on-line manual plus a storyline of Battlesets
ADDITIONAL FEATURES FOR WINDOWS 95:
- Redesign of control interface
- Upgraded terrain graphics