From the back of the box
V for Victory: Gold-Juno-Sword, takes the series back to the Normandy beaches. As the Commonwealth commander, you must take and hold a beach head large enough to secure a foothold in Europe, and open a second front against Germany. As the German commander, you must destroy the Commonwealth Divisions, and force them to withdraw from the continent.
Lead your forces against the computer or another player. Test your skills as a WWII combat commander in seven scenarios of increasing difficulty:
- The Orne Bridges: Elements of the British 6th Airborne Division defend the bridges over the Orne against strong German attacks.
- Attack of the 12th SS: The Elite 12th SS "Hitler Youth" Division attacks elements of the British Third "London" Infantry Division as it advances to Caen.
- Off the Beaches: The Commonwealth forces of the 1st and 30th Corps must advance to Caen, enlarge the beachhead against strong German resistance, and link up with the Americans west of Bayeux.
- The End Run: The British 7th and 50th Divisions must seize and then defend Villers-Bocage and turn the left flank of the German defense of Caen, the ancient capital of William the Conqueror.
- To the Sea: The Hypothetical German counter-attack to isolate the British beaches from a linkup with the Americans on Omaha beach.
- Charge of the Bull: The powerful 9th and 10th SS Panzer Divisions launch a counterattack against the British 11th Armoured Division in its advance across the Odon River.
- Campaign Game: The complete Gold-Juno-Sword Campaign Game, the all-encompassing scenario, gives the player ample opportunities to maneuver, attack, and defend.
V for Victory: Gold-Juno-Sword also includes numerous options and historical variants. Select one or more of them in combination for dozens of different scenarios.