Rockman Complete Works is a compilation release of the original six Mega Man titles. The game was only released in Japan, but most of the features were later included in the global release of Mega Man Anniversary Collection.
The graphics, gameplay, and storylines were all kept nearly identical to their original releases, but the developers included a number of additions to enhance the games:
- Navi Mode provides additional information and hints to aid players during gameplay. The number of remaining special weapon uses and tips on which way to go are provided.
- The weapon subscreens were redone to be more intuitive.
- Remixed music was added for Mega Man 4-6.
- The shoulder buttons can be used to switch special weapons.
- Games can be saved to a memory card.
- An enemy database is kept, and information is updated for every enemy encountered.