EverQuest: Omens of War, often abbreviated as OOW or Omens, is the eighth expansion released for EverQuest, a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG). The expansion focused on high-level content and introduced new folklore to the EverQuest universe, and was often humorously referred to as 'Omens of Warcraft' by the player base at the time.
- Added five more levels, increasing the cap to 70
- Introduced new Epic weapons, known as Epic 2.0
- A new Tribute system, allowing guilds to pool tribute points to purchase various effects
- A "task system", intended to "allow players to have quick solo content while waiting for a group to form".
- An expansion of the character Title system, allowing players to choose which available title their character could have, as well as adding a great many more, including tradeskill titles like Expert Chef
- A ninth spell slot, which could be earned via AA purchase
- A voice macro system, intended to allow players to make audible comments to each other.
Source: Wikipedia, "EverQuest: Omens of War", available under the CC-BY-SA License.